Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #1  

bazman82

Gold Member
Tractor
Same Mercury 75 Farmtrac 795DTC
Anyone happen to have a line on where to find some magnetic hardware for a control box? The round baler I just got (Gehl 2580) didn't have a bracket with it for the control box. It has a plate on the back of the control box that looks like it would slide into a frame but that is it. I'll post of picture of it later to help visualize what I am talking about. Figured I would check here first before rigging something up.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #2  
NH dealers can get the mating mount, so can a JD dealer.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?
I will be out near a NH dealer on Saturday morning. I'll have to bring my control box with me and see if they can't find something to go with it.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #4  
Can you use an SMV emblem holder? I find these work well and they are easy to remove at night if you are concerned with rain (open station) or theft.

1655981782329.jpeg

1655981810424.jpeg

I'll update with some pictures later but yes, the emblem holder worked. The bracket on the control box fit just a bit more than half way into the holder. I bolted the holder to a piece of flat iron and made a 90 degree bend at the bottom then welded that to another piece of flat iron (I have tons of little pieces of metal every where). I used some magnetics I ordered off of Grainger and bolted those to the base and it functions great. It doesn't look pretty or anything but it held the control box in place on my fender while I worked and that was all I needed it to do.

My homemade holder. It's ugly but it works. The little magnet is useless and wasn't strong enough, even with 2 so I had the bigger magnet around and used that.

Attachments

• 20220625_121950.jpg
    20220625_121950.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
Different angles.

Attachments

• 20220625_121942.jpg
    20220625_121942.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 20220625_121934.jpg
    20220625_121934.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
   / Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #8  
Wonder if it’d be smart to tether the monitor in case it falls off?
Some baler monitors are crazy expensive.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #9  
I use those type magnets to mount various things on my truck, mowers, and walk behind. I have (4) 600lb magnets that are way overkill, but the 270lb smaller ones handle most everything I need secured.

I've thought about just using some electrical tape and wrapping it around the emblem holder and the control box mount but, it actually fits in there really snug.
Wonder if it’d be smart to tether the monitor in case it falls off?
Some baler monitors are crazy expensive.