LX2610 Hood will not open

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I turn the hood latch, the mechanism disengages and I can get my fingers under the bottom of the hood, I then can only life about 1-2" and something stops the hood from opening all the way. I've tried moving it side to side and lifting but something seems to be caught.

Any ideas?

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #2  
Can you look in what opening with flash light,maybe take rod etc. slowly feeling around?

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #3  
Maybe the rod is out of place and holding it, or you didn't release the front guard. See this YouTube video.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #4  
Try pushing down sharply while turning the latch, then pull up.

Good luck

/ LX2610 Hood will not open
I can't really see in at all. I've got it up a little more, maybe another 2 inches by rocking it back and forth by something is certainly catching. I just can't get the hood up. Are there any help diagrams that I can look at??

Edit: I found this.
I'm not sure if it's 130, or 140 or A. There's a bar, highlighted in yellow. Not sure if it's that or not. Are those side grills removable?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
   / LX2610 Hood will not open #6  
The hood latch on my LX3310 hood is actuated by the 'Mascot' emblem on the hood via a round bar that engages the solid-mounted pin I circled in red. The actual latch (which I dont see a good picture of in that drawing) is like 2 opposing J's that once pushed over the pin spring together and lock the hood down. The (2) side panels on the hood front are removable, however the clips are accessible from the inside

m6ITg4.png

Did you try pushing down very hard on the front of the hood while turning the latch?

good luck

Last edited:
The hood latch on my LX3310 hood is actuated by the 'Mascot' emblem on the hood via a round bar that engages the solid-mounted pin I circled in red. The actual latch (which I dont see a good picture of in that drawing) is like 2 opposing J's that once pushed over the pin spring together and lock the hood down. The (2) side panels on the hood front are removable, however the clips are accessible from the inside

m6ITg4.png

Did you try pushing down very hard on the front of the hood while turning the latch?

good luck

Hi, thank you for the additional information. I did try pressing down hard with no success as you suggested.

/ LX2610 Hood will not open #9  
as shown in the video, after tilting the grill guard forward, I need to lift my LX Hood straight up from the center. Otherwise it tilts to one side and catches on something.

I've watched the video, I know how to open the hood, it has opened fine in the past, something is catching. I'm trying to determine how to get around that without just ramming it up over and over until something breaks.