Looking to buy a tractor?

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #11  
There is only so much raking to do. It's awesome when I need it, but rarely use my rake. I break the garden in the spring with a tractor plow, but maintain it during the summer with a walk behind tiller. Not sure that I'd spend the money on a subcompact or compact tractor to only do these limited jobs if I didn't have other work to do.

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #12  
I have had two TYM a 394 and now a 494 loved them both. Resoanable priced. Built much stronger than similar models. I would buy TYM any day.

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #13  
I see disappointment in your future. My tractor basically sits in the shed after I got my skid steer. They make hydraulic driven skid steer tillers that might be a better option for you. Maybe try renting or demoing a tractor before you buy to make sure you’ll be satisfied.
It amazes me how mant people love skidsteers, i hate em, noisey, hot costraphobic bone shakers, and dont even get me started if you have to open a gate. Sure they load and do construction work very efficiently and the hydraulic flows are awesome but they are no way a substitute for a tractor in a rural setting, complimenting is another story but i would compliment a tractor (and did) with an excavator before a skid steer, even a wheel loader is better.

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #14  
It amazes me how mant people love skidsteers, i hate em, noisey, hot costraphobic bone shakers, and dont even get me started if you have to open a gate. Sure they load and do construction work very efficiently and the hydraulic flows are awesome but they are no way a substitute for a tractor in a rural setting, complimenting is another story but i would compliment a tractor (and did) with an excavator before a skid steer, even a wheel loader is better.

You just haven’t had a good skid steer more accurately a CTL.

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #15  
You will be disappointed with the lift capacity of any compact tractor compared to the skid steer, regardless of size. That said, it’s hard to tell what you will really be using the machine for. Are you making trails with the SVL? Food plots, what size how many. I am happy with my 2320 (similar size to 2025r) for some smaller plots less than an acre. If I was doing anything more, then I would want a bigger machine.

Also, what dealers are near you? Happy with the Kubota dealer?
I getting ready to sell my two tractors---1st a Kubota B2410-4WD HST with 60 in Mid-mount mower.. 2nd is a New Holland TC40A 4WD. both in great conditoin

Attachments

• 20231205_153355.jpg
    20231205_153355.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20231205_153541.jpg
    20231205_153541.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
   / Looking to buy a tractor? #16  
You just haven’t had a good skid steer more accurately a CTL.
i havnt had a good skid steer because there are none :)

where i work we have several different ones and we also have a volvo articulated wheel loader, theres always arguments of who gets to operate the volvo.

the bigger ones over here tend to be refereed to as positracks. regardless they are all a pain to get in and out off and are claustrophobic and throw you around,

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #17  
i havnt had a good skid steer because there are none :)

where i work we have several different ones and we also have a volvo articulated wheel loader, theres always arguments of who gets to operate the volvo.

the bigger ones over here tend to be refereed to as positracks. regardless they are all a pain to get in and out off and are claustrophobic and throw you around,

A loader is good at loading things as the name implies. They’re nearly worthless for dirt work, brush mowing or basically anything besides loading stuff.

/ Looking to buy a tractor? #18  
A loader is good at loading things as the name implies. They’re nearly worthless for dirt work, brush mowing or basically anything besides loading stuff.
Thats why you get a tractor.

Last edited: