Looking for advice

/ Looking for advice #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
Ive been looking for years, and we are starting to get things paid off so a tractor is closer than ever before. We want to get one before the market improves to much. I want to stick to the main brands Kubota, JD and Kioti. I have several great dealers in my area.

We own 4 ackers, I currently mow 1. I will be mowing another acker next year and will need to Brush cut 3 ackers now with more to come down the road. I have landscaping to do (moving stone and rocks around). And road and driveway maintence in winter and summer.

Money is tight but I hope to get tractor/loader, brush cutter and rear blade to start. Finish Mowing will be done with my current lawn tractor for a few more years.

I have been looking at JD 3032E and Kubota B3200. There are things I like about both units. Any comments on either unit? Price is with in 500 between the two with Kubota being the more exspensive. Both dealer I have been to are very good, great service department and have been around for many years!!

One thing I can tell you BH is not on the plate at all, to much money for the little I would need one. I also am not sure I need a Mid mount mower as I have a small tractor now.

I was thinking of larger tractor to do Brush hog and dirtworks. Some weeks/months I don't have time to spend all day on a tractor to do brush work.

Thanks

KC

/ Looking for advice #2  
If you have your choices pinned down to those two. I would choose the one that feels most comfortable to you. You will be the one sitting an operating it for hours. If they both feel the same to you than I guess flip a coin.:D

Good luck I don't think you will go wrong. Enjoy your ride.

/ Looking for advice
If you have your choices pinned down to those two. I would choose the one that feels most comfortable to you. You will be the one sitting an operating it for hours. If they both feel the same to you than I guess flip a coin.:D

Good luck I don't think you will go wrong. Enjoy your ride.

I have not sit or driven either.

KC

/ Looking for advice #4  
I would like to have the features that I like on both on the same tractor....... :D Have the dealers show you how to maintain a constant height with your brush cutter on both models. If you are going to use the loader check to see if you can use the brakes to help steer if you are back dragging, or leveling dirt, etc. Both those things will favor the JD probably. I like the 3 range hydro on the B3200, the mid pto, and the ergonomics of the 4wd control, and some other ergonomic issues on the Kubota. See which feels the best, and decide which good things are most important to you.

/ Looking for advice #5  
KC,

definitely drive them both, that may make up your mind for you. :) good luck with your choice

/ Looking for advice #6  
If you test drive a Kubota B3200, you may want to make sure your bring the RPMs up to close to the PTO speed. There is a thread going now in the Kubota owning/operating section on vibration. When my wife and I were deciding on a model, we were alternating between a BX2350, a B2920, and a B7800. One thing we both noticed was the vibration in the engine of the B7800. I later read some threads about this issue and apparently the B3200 is experiencing similar issues with the 4 cyl. engine.

/ Looking for advice #7  
With only 4 acres and less than that to mow, I'd say save some money and look at a 20 something hp tractor rather than the 30+ hp models. I took care of 5 acres, mostly bushhogged, with a 20hp Kioti CK20. I loved the tractor and it was the right size. I did wish it had a three speed hydro though. I think the newer Kubota B series would also be great (they have the three speed) and both JD and NH have similar size tractors too. If you know you will be working only on the 4 acres why invest in a larger tractor than necessary?

/ Looking for advice #8  
I have customers maintaining seven acres with BX Kubota's not even getting into the size that you are picking.

A new B-series like a 2320 or 262o will leave some more money in your pocket for additional tools for the tractor.

/ Looking for advice
Both my local dealers suggested the larger tractor to use a larger Brush hog for faster cutting time.

KC