looking at new toolcat

/ looking at new toolcat
thanks Xfaxman, your results are what I would expect to see, Im assuming also the motor was not loading up at the recovered 2600 rpm, only word back thus far is the Bobcat website says 17 mph but specs in the manual say 16.5 with 27 inch tires, either way mine is topping out at 12 to 13 which is 25% slower than the spec.

hoping like **** the reply from Bobcat will say after 1000 hours it will loosen up, we will see, hoping I get something sooner than later as its a new machine

/ looking at new toolcat #42  
It's interesting that the your engine maxes out at 2600 rpm. Perhaps its the Doosan engine versus the Kubota engine. (Different HP and TQ curves) My 2009 has a no load top rpm of 3002. I verified it yesterday. I was not however able to do a 'road/speed' test.

DEWFPO

/ looking at new toolcat #43  
I removed the brush hog from the front and tested our G Series with 29 inch Trac (R4) tires.

Idles at 1220 in neutral move lever all the way up, goes to 2630 then slowly drops to 2600.

Throttle motor to 2000 rpm, in forward, high speed on and push pedal fully the rpm drops to 1500 but recovers quickly.

Same test at 2200 rpm it drops rpm but recovers quickly, didn't check speeds.

Level road, throttle motor to max, shows 2630, slowly drops to 2600 rpm, in forward, high speed on and push pedal fully the rpm drops to 19xx and climbs quickly to 2630, settling to 2600 and 18.3 mph. Max speed on slight downhill was 18.7 mph.

My toolcat is the same RPM just a hair slower with turfs at 30psi.

/ looking at new toolcat
update, dealer says a throttle calibration and engine power management to try to correct this, it has warranty with service off site, been a week waiting, by middle next week im hoping they fix it if not start asking for replacement unit, has 7 hours now most of this is trying service tests

/ looking at new toolcat
so the service played with it for half a day, they have it upto 15 some of the time using a older revision of software, thinking its seeing the speed as max speed and throttling the motor back, the RPM will hit 2450 at this speed, if it could reach the 2600 be good to go, hoping to get new software from Bobcat by end of the week

/ looking at new toolcat #46  
Makes me wonder for my search, if buying a Toolcat long distance is a wise venture? These are complex machines with lots that can go wrong.
I found literally the perfect 5600. Low hours 2015 with traction control, hi flow and power attach. Even has lower door windows....Would rather have 5610, but a 5600 with the dump bed does have some advantages.
Anyway, I am haggling with him and man, talk about difficult. These guys wont even throw in an inspection or an oil change! :laughing:

Seems like everything I want to sell is worth nothing and everything I want to buy costs retail + :laughing:

Last edited:
   / looking at new toolcat
Hay Dude yes they are complex machines, I miss the lower door windows, not sure why as I never recall using them but maybe its just the extra light coming in, if I was buying another used I would want a dealer inspection/service, my older one I picked up used and had some issues shortly after purchasing, most of which figured out myself with service help but a couple never did get figured out.

for sure these machines are not cheap and seem to hold the price

/ looking at new toolcat #48  
just started looking at a new Toolcat, mine is in the 2005 series and it is working great but would like a few of the options such as high flow and better break out and having the air work all the time when needed

the 2005 has served me well and Bobcat has a few options and incentives to buy new and they are giving a decent trade in on my machine so given the 2020 model line any recommendations and down sides you could offer pros and cons of this new model

thanks

Like you, my 2010 is getting tired and I am eyeballing a 2020. I am looking at a well optioned machine; high flow, power BT, Ac/heat, 2 speed, road package. What kind of price did you get? I get a quote Monday, trying to get info from other recent buyers.

Thx.

/ looking at new toolcat #49  
Seems like everything I want to sell is worth nothing and everything I want to buy costs retail + :laughing:
Same here... I took one of my tinker toy tractors to the dealer to have them find an occasional electrical glitch, they found it right away and replaced a safety switch, $65.00... cheep!

While there, I asked them to give me an honest estimate of it's worth, as I was thinking of selling it. The guy looked it all over and said, $5,500.00 but don't turn down $5,000.00. This was in late fall, so the following spring the same dealer had something I wanted, and I got to thinking, I'd take a hit on my tractor and let it go to them for 4K on trade, just to get it over with!

SO, I load it up and go to the SAME guy that gave me the estimate, and asked, what will you give me on trade? He stood there looking at my tractor and then said, I'll be honest, it's only worth $700.00 !!! I thought he was joking !!, but nope!

While I was driving away, I heard him yell at me, "WE ARE STILL FRIENDS, AREN'T WE??"

I haven't bought anything from them since!!

SR