New to me 2007 Toolcat

/ New to me 2007 Toolcat #1  

s2dm

Tractor
Toolcat 5600, Deere 210, Cat 320, Kubota KX080, Kubota KX040, CAT CP433 Compactor, Bobtail dump, cushman truckster
I looked for one about 18 months ago and couldnt find one for a decent price. Was looking for a cushman electric golfcart on craigslist a few days ago and ran across a toolcat posted in the UTV section instead of Heavy equipment with the name misspelled for a solid price and bought it an hour later :) Two guys showed up while I was closing the deal wanting to buy it :)

Its a 2007 with highflow and Aircondition, fairly optioned out, really clean. 1400 hrs on the kubota diesel.

Had a few quick questions

1) Anything to be aware of with 2007 models?
2) My neighbor has a 2021 model that is noticeably quieter. This unit is quieter than the skid its replacing, but my wife will be happier if its closer to the same sound level as our neighbors. Any thoughts on how to quiet the unit down some? I was going to get the valves adjusted and look for obviously loose things that might be rattling and contributing.
3) Any downside to leaving the 4 wheel steering on all the time vs just when you really need it? We have a 10 acre avocado farm that we did from scratch and we’ve been using some heavy iron till now. But we are getting to a point where our rows are tight so this unit really gets in to where we need it much easier.

Any other general toolcat pearls welcome. Im slowing reading up on the forum and the manual.

/ New to me 2007 Toolcat #2  
One thing that gets neglected is the hydraulic belt and tensioner adjustment. If they get loose they rattle. If it has not been changed, it may be worth changing the belt and looking things over. Sometimes heat shields may rattle too. I use AWS most of the time too except when I have a rear implement on and I don't want it swinging so much.

/ New to me 2007 Toolcat #3  
mine is in 4 wheel steer most of the time, only issue it does drift so once in a wile I reset it in track,

the 2005 was way louder than the 2021 model

/ New to me 2007 Toolcat #4  
3) Any downside to leaving the 4 wheel steering on all the time vs just when you really need it?
No, ours is in 4 wheel steering 99% when using it.
Any other general toolcat pearls welcome. Im slowing reading up on the forum and the manual.
Here is something that isn't in the manual: Crab Steer on Toolcat Series F and G
P8300016.JPG

And a necessity for me: trivial question about the step kit

P7240001.JPG

/ New to me 2007 Toolcat #5  
man I miss the lower windows, wish now I had swapped the doors before the dealer took the trade in away