loader trailer rotating grapple upgrade

/ loader trailer rotating grapple upgrade #1  

sizzami

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti dk 45
the pictures of the small kinda pitifull grapple represent my first atempt at building a lightwieght simple rotating grapple it worked well for a couple of years , it did however keep breaking at the end of the cylinder and had only about 190 degree rotation , so I decided to build a new one around an old sander motor given to me by a friend this one uses a rubber coupler that simply pops out if you over do it on the twist and has 340 degrees of rotation.

Attachments

• split 001.JPG
    split 001.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 557
  • split 002.JPG
    split 002.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 300
  • split 005.JPG
    split 005.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 395
  • split 004.JPG
    split 004.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 414
   / loader trailer rotating grapple upgrade #2  
Looks like you've made big advancement with your newer grapple! Looks nice, I have been wanting to make one my self. I would use it for my own wood collection and can't justify $1500 for a store bought. Let us know how the rotator works out, that's another $700 bucks or so for "store bought", just to get cont. rotation. Nice job!

/ loader trailer rotating grapple upgrade #3  
New one looks good...... but I liked your original also. I've just started collecting a few pieces to make a small grapple / loader of some kind. Since mine would mostly be used on stove length pieces, i think i might be able to get away with manual rotation...... but hydraulic sure would be slick.