loader float

/ loader float
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle My 445C is running strong and out of the mud. Time for a nap... Thanks everyone! What a great group! OK, simple problems are easy to overlook. I was stuck in the mud, really stuck and the loader failed. After a couple weeks of moaning and groaning, TractorTect mentioned a couple of possibilities. Was it a quick- coupler? That's all it was, I couldn't see it, except at night with a flashlight. (Am I upset over all that wasted effort? No, I'm grateful!)

Last edited:
   / loader float #52  
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle My 445C is running strung and out of the mud. Time for a nap... Thanks everyone! What a great group! OK, simple problems are easy to overlook. I was stuck in the mud, really stuck and the loader failed. After a couple weeks of moaning and groaning, TractorTect mentioned a couple of possibilities. Was it a quick- coupler? That's all it was, I couldn't see it, except at night with a flashlight. (Am I upset over all that wasted effort? No, I'm grateful!)

Everything working out in the end can sure make one forget a whole lot of trouble, that's for sure! 🙂 Good catch Ted!

/ loader float #53  
eKretz, please let me know how to set the float on my NH 445C loader. I can't get the bucket out of the mud. Would it damage anything if I just forced it with my 20-ton bottle jack? Should the control linkage be in a certain location? Fred
can you provide an image?

Last edited: