loader float

/ loader float #41  
Fred,

That is just the loader hydraulic system. I'm working on what I think the system looks like with the backhoe. Do you have a book on the 764 backhoe that might show it? Or does someone here on the site have one?
I am thinking that a quick coupler came off or separated (maybe not all the way) and is not allowing flow to the loader.

The flow comes from the front mounted pump to the backhoe, then from there to the loader. There also is probably a relief valve after the backhoe to the loader that is popping off if the coupler is disconnected.

Unless I'm mistaken Ted, the flow goes to the loader valve first, then out from there to the backhoe. At least, that's the way it is on the 455, 555 and 655 according to my service manual. Is the 445 different?

Last edited:
   / loader float #42  
Unless I'm mistaken Ted, the flow goes to the loader valve first, then out from there to the backhoe. At least, that's the way it is on the 445, 555 and 655 according to my service manual. Is the 445 different?

That's what I was assuming too, but from what I've picked up from the parts diagrams for the backhoe, no it doesn't. There may also be another relief to prevent the pump from deadheading if the backhoe is not plugged in properly.

/ loader float #43  
Disconnect the hoses from the main loader lift arms then put a chain over top connected to the back hoe and loader then raise loader using the hoe and pull the tractor out with another tractor or cat

/ loader float #44  
Y'all seem to be adamant about something I don't quite follow you I have a simple loader system on my 445C industrial model here is the layout. I think I just lift the loader bucket, which is on float, then tow it all out. If it is necessary to disconnect some lines, I will plug everything exposed.

I attached both the parts drawings for the 764 backhoe hooked up to an A-Series and the C/D Series tractors. A little hard to follow, but with this and help from former TBN posters specter and 545D from an old post from 2011, the hydraulic flow goes from the pump to the backhoe and then to the loader. As stated by 545D, the loader valve had no power beyond. This leads me to believe that the coupler at the backhoe with a male tip on a hose has come uncoupled. Take a look at the couplers Fred and see if that is your problem. This would explain why the backhoe works and the loader is dead.

Attachments

• 764 Plumbing.jpeg
    764 Plumbing.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 18
   / loader float
Y'all seem to be adamant about something I don't quite follow you I have a simple loader system on my 445C industrial model here is the layout. I think I just lift the loader bucket, which is on float, then tow it all out. If it is necessary to disconnect some lines, I will plug everything exposed.
You are all correct, I am trying to figure this out and at 90 my brain doesn't always cooperate.

/ loader float
Disconnect the hoses from the main loader lift arms then put a chain over top connected to the back hoe and loader then raise loader using the hoe and pull the tractor out with another tractor or cat
Basically, it all boils down to your suggestion. Most everyone said the same thing, only a little differently. I had the loader on float and used the chain to lift loader. My mistake, I gotta disconnect and plug dome hoses and catch the fluid.

/ loader float
Fred,

That is just the loader hydraulic system. I'm working on what I think the system looks like with the backhoe. Do you have a book on the 764 backhoe that might show it? Or does someone here on the site have one?
I am thinking that a quick coupler came off or separated (maybe not all the way) and is not allowing flow to the loader.

The flow comes from the front mounted pump to the backhoe, then from there to the loader. There also is probably a relief valve after the backhoe to the loader that is popping off if the coupler is disconnected.
Ted, you are a genius you nailed it, I'm so blind. I could not see the uncoupled hose without a flashlight. Any way it is the high-pressure hose from the divider behind the seat on the right. One end is connected to the divider and the male end is clean and loose. It is nighttime, so at first light I'll figure where it goes into the 'T' in the loader system. In the meantime, maybe someone can come up with the location.

Last edited:
   / loader float #48  
Ted, you are a genius you nailed it, I'm so blind. I could not see the uncoupled hose without a flashlight. Any way it is the high-pressure hose from the divider behind the seat on the right. One end is connected to the divider and the male end is clean and loose. It is nighttime, so at first light I'll figure where it goes into the 'T' in the loader system. In the meantime, maybe someone can come up with the location.
Glad to help and that you found it. Now let's hope you can get it to move too.

/ loader float #50  
Fred,
Can you take a picture of that area where the hoses are hooking up? I think the one you're talking about hooks in at the side of the frame.