Leaking exhaust manifold

/ Leaking exhaust manifold #1  

Kurtis22

Tractor
5600 Toolcat
Has anyone tried to replace exhaust manifold on the d series toolcat? Mine sounds like a old Chevy 350 going down the road and is pumping out fine particles black exhaust soot and I have to replace the air filter every 50 hours. Im pretty sure you would have to take the cab off to replace it??? I was quoted $1500 from bobcat which to me didn't seem that crazy for all the work that probably needs to get done. 5600 d series 2010

/ Leaking exhaust manifold #2  
Wouldn't surprise me if cab removal was easiest access. DO NOT delay getting this repaired as serious engine damage could occur fairly quickly. The turbo needs all of the exhaust passing over the fins to drive it at correct speed for proper boost at given load. If the exhaust escapes like mentioned cylinders are getting less oxygen than what injection pump/governor is injecting into cylinders resulting in over-fueling. Over-fueling can wash cylinder walls & stick rings causing galling of the cylinders. The over-fueling (running rich) also produces excess carbon your getting in air filter, and the hot carbon could burn through the filter media thus allowing the carbon to enter back inot cylinder causing wear same as dusting it with sand.

/ Leaking exhaust manifold #3  
I looked up in the G series 5610 manual and it doesn't demand cab removal. Do you have a manual yet?

/ Leaking exhaust manifold
I looked up in the G series 5610 manual and it doesn't demand cab removal. Do you have a manual yet?

Hmm. No don't have it. Can u get it online?

/ Leaking exhaust manifold #5  
Is it cast iron?
I once cracked my dad's old dodge cast iron manifold and the local welder brazed it back shut and after 3 years dad never knew of my mishap.
He did it in place so even gaskets weren't required.

/ Leaking exhaust manifold