L60 aftermarket radios

/ L60 aftermarket radios #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Anyone have any experience with the Messicks $89 "plug and play" radio for the L60

General: Messick Kubota Radio, Part # jsd-52

I know any 1-DIN head unit will work - but for less than $90 - AND having the harness just plug and play - this is hard to not consider...

Just looking for actual humans that can say "yes this is fine" or "it sounds distorted, the bluetooth crashes my tractor and I have nose bleeds every time the radio turns on"...

/ L60 aftermarket radios #2  
Any single DIN radio will work. Antenna & speakers are there & wired. I found a $7ish plug & wired up my own pigtail based on some guessing on the non-starter colors on my plug based on a RTV thread. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372739

Radio harnesses for Kubota Farm Tractors has documented plug pigtails for $30 or so if you don't want to fiddle with figuring out colors.

I'd have a hard time not trying one from Messicks for only $90 given it comes with the pigtail. They have a good support policy & reputation.

/ L60 aftermarket radios #3  
Heck I have stereo in my little CUT that I purchased at the scrap yard for $10.00.

Works just fine, in fact any car radio is generally of great quality as the environment they are designed for is much more demanding than home use. (temperature, vibration humidity etc)

I actually wish I had the same radio that was in my Jimmy as it had AVC (automatic volume control), the noisier it became the more the volume increased , and that describes the interior of my tractor..