L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains?

/ L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains? #11  
I have Duo links on my 5240 HSTC w/R4's. Fits fine, bith F&R, but note that I also have the wheels set tot he widest position that they can be, stock. No additional spacers, just flipping around the hub disc and wheels to get the right orientation.

/ L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains?
I have Duo links on my 5240 HSTC w/R4's. Fits fine, bith F&R, but note that I also have the wheels set tot he widest position that they can be, stock. No additional spacers, just flipping around the hub disc and wheels to get the right orientation.

Can you tell me with that orientation how much clearance you are getting between the tire and the rear cab post? Or whatever is the closest point of potential interference.

Are you talking inside clearance or top side? Either way I think there's been an ongoing secret tractor fender clearance conspiracy for past two decades. Haven't these tractor manufacturers ever heard of tire chains for ice&snow, or they trying to start a market for wheel spacers and/or aftermarket for Extra Clearance Fenders for tractors.

Talking about clearance to the inside. Over the top there is about 7 inches of clearance. Yes, I cannot imagine why they wouldn't provide a few inches clearance on all versions. We are not talking about a Toyota Prius here. (Nothing against Prius, but that's as opposite from a work machine as I could quickly think of.)

/ L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains? #14  
I can grab a couple pics and measurements tomorrow to show you the set up. Assuming I remember... If not, poke me again...

/ L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains? #16  
Here is how mine are set.

Attachments

• IMG_8439.JPG
    IMG_8439.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 188
Here is how mine are set.

Ok, I see, this must be the same setup as mentioned by dstig1 above. How much clearance do you have with that set up?

/ L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains? #18  
Ok, I see, this must be the same setup as mentioned by dstig1 above. How much clearance do you have with that set up?

I really don't know exactly and can't get down to it to measure, but it looks like plenty. I mucked a pond out with it and loaded the tires up pretty good with mud and they never rubbed. Here is a picture I just found.

Attachments

• DSCN0667.JPG
    DSCN0667.JPG
    710.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
I really don't know exactly and can't get down to it to measure, but it looks like plenty. I mucked a pond out with it and loaded the tires up pretty good with mud and they never rubbed. Here is a picture I just found.

Looks good! So that means I won't have to buy anything or make anything, good news.

/ L5740 Cab -- clearance for rear chains? #20  
Is it possible to reposition the rim on the disk to gain more clearance? I'm looking at buying a new to me tractor and the one I looked at today had 17.4L-24 R4's with two piece rims. I was discouraged by the lack of tire chain clearance. This was a smaller L3x40 tractor, but I'm certain your rims are the same style.

The wheels look like the rim can be disassembled from the disk (hub) and repositioned to alter back spacing. The sales person thought it might be possible but never had anyone request it before. They commented they have done this on AG wheels before, but uncertain about the R4's.

Called another dealer and they didn't know either. They suggested using spacers, until they verified Kubota doesn't offer them for the Grand L tractors only the basic L's and B's.

Has anyone tried repositioning the rim/wheel disk?

It would be really nice if this is possible and a zero $ solution if it is possible.

After posting the above, I reread the entire string of responses and noticed post #11 address this. Can you provide details how this is done.

Attachments

• 2-PC Rim.jpg
    2-PC Rim.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited: