Buying Advice L3301 trade-up quote / advice

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #11  
I would usually agree with ordering what you want, but with this country still reeling from being shut down, there would be no telling when or if you could get one anytime soon.

All Kubota tractors ship from Georgia, one of the hardest hit states by Covid-19. Kubota's manufacturing and assembly plants were entirely closed for awhile. Manufacturing and assembly plants are operating below capacity now.

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #12  
Jeff,agreed.
They are telling me that it will take about a month to get the tires I want for the unit they have on their lot. They told me last week that it would be about the middle of August or more to get turf tires for the MX5400 that I want. I then told them to just order a new tractor, which they wanted to do, but when they tried to order it, they were not allowed to put an order in. Kubota is so backed up....at least on that tractor, they are not taking new orders.
Not sure about the grand Ls.

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice
Thanks for all the responses. I did get a quote from Barlow's that was >$5k less than the local dealer. No word on the trade yet though. I may look into selling it directly like a number of replies mentioned. Thanks again.

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #14  
Thanks for all the responses. I did get a quote from Barlow's that was >$5k less than the local dealer. No word on the trade yet though. I may look into selling it directly like a number of replies mentioned. Thanks again.

Living in Somerset (Location of Barlows) and not being a farmer I always pay 6% Ky state taxes on my purchases. Ky allows deducting the trade in price from the purchase price and paying the 6% on the balance. So a $15000 trade in saves me $900 in sales tax so I usually trade with Barlows rather than trying to sell my own and dealing with the hagglers and time wasters and idiots and the people with nothing to do but call about everything for sale. Also there is the transfer of money from a buyer with bad checks and need cash only and possible criminal activity around ones home. Being out of state and probably not planning to declare transaction to Tn dept of revenue that won't matter to you. Call back about that trade in and believe you'll be happier with the trade in allowance, he seeks used equipment to buy and sells a lot of used tractors.

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #15  
Op, your post is not clear.

.....They are offering $9,500 for this. This seems...low? The dealer apparently called the note holder of the loan to get my payoff amount because they included it in the quote, and I hadn't told them what it was. I owe ~$9,300 on the note, so it appears that they have just rounded my payoff amount up to nearest $500........

I read this to suggest they are offering you $18,800 for the trade of which you owe $9,300 netting you $9,500 toward the purchase of the new tractor...

The Sales Order should be clear on the valuation of the trade, payoff on trade, and net positive value applied toward the new purchase.

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice
Op, your post is not clear.

.....They are offering $9,500 for this. This seems...low? The dealer apparently called the note holder of the loan to get my payoff amount because they included it in the quote, and I hadn't told them what it was. I owe ~$9,300 on the note, so it appears that they have just rounded my payoff amount up to nearest $500........

I read this to suggest they are offering you $18,800 for the trade of which you owe $9,300 netting you $9,500 toward the purchase of the new tractor...

The Sales Order should be clear on the valuation of the trade, payoff on trade, and net positive value applied toward the new purchase.

Man I wish it would have been $9500 equity. No, they were offering a total of $9500, so ~$200 in equity. Brutal.

But as an update to this, have been working a deal with Brady at Barlow's. Have taken much of JOHNTHOMAS's advice. Likely could squeeze more cash out of a private sale, but Barlow's offer for the trade more than covers the non-dollar costs of doing a private sale. We are talking 5 figure difference on what the total deal will cost compared to local dealer. :eek:

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #17  
Good luck. nothing like a new tractor......:thumbsup:

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #18  
Man I wish it would have been $9500 equity. No, they were offering a total of $9500, so ~$200 in equity. Brutal.

But as an update to this, have been working a deal with Brady at Barlow's. Have taken much of JOHNTHOMAS's advice. Likely could squeeze more cash out of a private sale, but Barlow's offer for the trade more than covers the non-dollar costs of doing a private sale. We are talking 5 figure difference on what the total deal will cost compared to local dealer. :eek:

Smart move and Somerset isn’t too far from you. Some Kubota dealers really rip people off! Barlows gives a good price. Good luck

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #19  
Smart move and Somerset isn’t too far from you. Some Kubota dealers really rip people off! Barlows gives a good price. Good luck[/QUOTE

Yeah, I asked one dealer if he could do ANY better than the retail price, just to make me feel like I should buy there. He said he would not get into a pissing contest with another dealer.
I guess he was in the contest and lost by default. The other dealer did not do much. I emailed Barlow, but he said he could not get me the tires I wanted on a tractor for a long time. I never got a quote. It would have been quite a long haul to N.W. Ohio though.

/ L3301 trade-up quote / advice #20  
I have a 3301hst and a 3560hst.
3560 is and feels much more powerful. In the real world, on my farm the 3560 is a huge upgrade.
I love the 3301 (prefer it in many situations) but other than hp it has no similarities to my 3301