Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #71  
Impressive modification. Well researched and written. Be interesting long term results.

Like gauges to help monitor. Be nice to have some parameters especially on heat rejection. Monitoring HST oil temp under high loads on my to do list.

Be nice addition to a heavy little tractor like a B26.

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #72  
You've explained your reasoning for putting the turbo on the L2501 and up series, but do you have any other brands in mind that would be "ripe" for the installation of a turbo as well?

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results
Monitoring HST oil temp under high loads on my to do list.

Be nice addition to a heavy little tractor like a B26.

I'll need to look into monitoring the HST oil temps. Please let me know how you get on with that project. I'll do the same.

Absolutely. This is a great modification for an underpowered and/or heavy tractor.

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results
You've explained your reasoning for putting the turbo on the L2501 and up series, but do you have any other brands in mind that would be "ripe" for the installation of a turbo as well?

Yes. ;)

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #75  
Finally finished reading the whole write-up, and wow! 35 PTO horsepower, up from 19? That's absolutely awesome!

This was a great endeavor, thank you for sharing the journey.

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #78  
Indeed.

Mike
I just bought a CK2610HST and haven't even taken delivery of it yet. I really like the write up and details you shared and was thinking this could probably be a option pretty easily with how similar the l2501 and the ck2610 are.

I just bought a CK2610HST and haven't even taken delivery of it yet. I really like the write up and details you shared and was thinking this could probably be an option pretty easily with how similar the l2501 and the ck2610 are.
They should be similar but, it’ll take some research to determine how the engine, transmission and PTO train will respond to the power increase. The L2501 is unique in that it shares virtually all identical components with its more powerful brothers. We’ll just need to make sure the CK2610 will be able to handle the increased loads. I’m assuming it won’t have any issues but, we’ll need to dig into the specifics to confirm that.

Mike

/ Kubota L2501 Turbo: A Journey Defined - The Tractor, The Comparison, The Modification, The Results #80  
I recently moved from a fairly flat property to a 40 acre timbered property on the side of a mountain in Southern Idaho. I had planned to change the injection pump shims on my L2501 this spring, but after reading this I would love to take this approach. I am not at all concerned with how the tractor will hold up to this power change, and agree with the reasons you have given on why this will not affect the tractor. I am not a mechanic, but can follow instructions if properly given, I would love to give a kit a try if you ever put one together. Better yet, if you need to install one a 2nd time in order to properly put your kit together or or write instructions I will haul my tactor your way.