Kubota B2920

/ Kubota B2920 #21  
My advice on the MMM is directed on the difficulty of mounting/dismounting.

You may be tempted to leave the mower on and go into the woods and ding up the mower.

The MMM does make a better cut though...I suppose as a wood cutter/tree hauler I'm spoiled on the quick changing 3ph attachments.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kubota B2920 #22  
If your height is over 5'10" or you wear a size 10 shoe or larger, be sure to sit on the Kubota. The operating station on Kubota B's are none too commodious.
Sounds like a ridiculous comment made by someone wearing a green uniform.

I am 6'4", weigh 275 and wear a size 15 or 16 shoe. There is plenty of room in the operating station of both the BX and B series Kubotas. I am on one or both series almost daily.

/ Kubota B2920 #23  
Sounds like a ridiculous comment made by someone wearing a green uniform.

I am 6'4", weigh 275 and wear a size 15 or 16 shoe. There is plenty of room in the operating station of both the BX and B series Kubotas. I am on one or both series almost daily.
Hardly. See my signature.
My first new Kubota was a 'B'.

/ Kubota B2920
I have decided to not get the 2920 for several reasons. Most all having something to do with the differences in what I am used to. I don't care for the heal/toe operation nor having to stop the tractor to engage the PTO. All things people who own them have gotten used to I am sure. I am thankful I have my 855 that will do most anything I want. I just want an FEL. The search continues. Thanks guys

/ Kubota B2920 #25  
I just can't make my mind up as to what I want to do. I am talking with a guy who has a B2920 with FEL, finish mower and a couple of other small attachments. I may be able to get it for $12,000. Are they heavy enough to do lifting and moving of dirt? I think the big problem may be turf tires. I am talking occasional work cleaning and leveling my 2.5 acres. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I bought a 2620 a few years ago -same tractor with a slightly smaller engine than the 2920. I purposely picked this model for its size and weight - small and light enough to use it around my house and yard without making a mess. Its immediate use was to back fill a big mess we had to clean up when our well failed and had to be dug up. It handled that just fine, but quite a few trips from the pile to the hole.

I have two bigger farm tractors that I use for heavy work. If I was going to have only one machine, it would have to be a much bigger L series or M series Kubota. But if you don't skid firewood logs or run a 3 pt splitter, maybe the 2920 would work. That is a good price for the package. I jumped at mine for 13.5 with brush hog, post hole digger, and back blade -but that was a few years ago. Plus, buying from the owner saves sales tax - 8% in my case.

You will want to buy axle extensions for the back - they are really narrow and tippy. And get something for a counter weight on the back, either a ballast box or a heavy attachment. I made a concrete weight out of some angle stock and a 3 pt drawbar, framed it up with 2x12 and poured.

/ Kubota B2920 #26  
I have a B2920 i bought new and it currently has 720hrs on it. It has done everything i have thrown at it. It is my mowing tractor, snow pushing, moving dirt tractor and everything in between. Does it take longer then a bigger a tractor sure it does. But time is not a issue for me. To the guy that says if you are taller sit on the Kubota because they are small is dead wrong. I'm 6'5 280lbs and wear a size 15 boot it has more room then the comparable john deere's i was looking at it before i purchased the kubota. The only negative i have to say about the tractor is the forward and reverse pedals take some getting used to. But that could also be me coming from a John deere where the pedals were side by side one another.

The tires could be a issue. I have never ran out of power but i sure have ran out of traction.

$12,000 is great deal for a clean B2920 with FEL and MMM.

Any tractor regardless of size should have rear ballast when doing heavy loader work. IMO

/ Kubota B2920 #27  
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. By leveling I am referring to small mounds of dirt. I would want to smooth those out and move the excess to low areas. I had the palmettos mulched and want to remove as much of the left over roots as possible. I have a 5 ft box blade and a 5 ft bush hog. Both could use some help, but will work. My main reason for another tractor is the FEL. Middleburg is located in the Jacksonville area.
I've owned a 2620 for 7 years now and have moved mega tons of dirt, gravel you name it. It big enough to work and small enough to be maneuverable on my ten acres. I plow a 1/2 long private Rd every upstate NY winter. I have a king cutter dirt scoop with two five gallon buckets filled with cement and I loaded the rear tires with washer fluid and that's all the ballast it needs. The R4 tires are nice but I chain front and rear every winter. The only drawback I can see are the Ag tires.

/ Kubota B2920 #28  
I just can't make my mind up as to what I want to do. I am talking with a guy who has a B2920 with FEL, finish mower and a couple of other small attachments. I may be able to get it for $12,000. Are they heavy enough to do lifting and moving of dirt? I think the big problem may be turf tires. I am talking occasional work cleaning and leveling my 2.5 acres. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I bought a B2910 new in 2000. FEL, Woods backhoe, 5’ rear blade, 54” rear snowblower. I’ve since added a rock rake and box scraper. For several years it was my best friend when I was cutting and splitting 8 cords of tree length wood a year. I would lift two or 3 logs with my fel with homemade stubby forks slid on the bucket to make it easy on my back and cut the wood, then move it to my wood shed. I’ve dug ditches, built a couple of rock walls, graded gravel driveways and moved a bunch of snow. Very rocky where I live in
Maine, and I have moved several that I should not have with this small tractor. Only thing I don’t use it for is mowing. I have had zero problems with this tractor; oil changes, one new battery and two new lightbulbs, period. I have wanted something bigger for a while, but I can’t justify spending the money because my tractor never lets me down. I’ve had a lot of ‘toys’ over the years, and this has been by far the best one I’ve ever had. The rest are long since gone.

/ Kubota B2920 #29  
My B7800 (loaded rears, R4s; decent traction esp when hanging an implement off the rear) tamed a LOT of my 40 acres. I highly doubt any other machine (excluding an industrial one) could have done what this B7800 has done. Nearly unbreakable. 1,800 hrs on my B7800. I've put on about 1,100 hrs. Only once was it not able to return back home: popped off the hydraulic return hose.

Heel-toe, um... geez, big deal: two tractors, one side-by-side and one heel-toe and I have zero issues switching between them. OP, seems like you're looking for excuses to not pull the trigger, and, well, OK, I get it, but if you can't adjust to something like heel-toe I have to wonder whether you're able to really take on complicated tasks. (with the side-by-side travel pedals on my Kioti I will often jab the wrong pedal- just happens, even after 700 hrs of operating time)

BTW - Tooth bar on bucket works pretty well to break up soil: I even, gasp!, do a lot of back-dragging (sometimes lifting the front-end up in the air while doing so) with mine (as noted above, the B7800, and from what everyone else seems to indicate is the norm for the B-series, is nearly indestructable).

/ Kubota B2920 #30  
The OP said yesterday morning: "I have decided to not get the 2920 for several reasons." So...