Kubota B2920

/ Kubota B2920
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. By leveling I am referring to small mounds of dirt. I would want to smooth those out and move the excess to low areas. I had the palmettos mulched and want to remove as much of the left over roots as possible. I have a 5 ft box blade and a 5 ft bush hog. Both could use some help, but will work. My main reason for another tractor is the FEL. Middleburg is located in the Jacksonville area.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kubota B2920 #12  

John Deere 855 Dimensions​

Wheelbase:64 inches
162 cm
Length:110.3 inches
280 cm
Width:42.6 inches
108 cm *
51.3 inches
130 cm *
Height (hood):52.3 inches
132 cm
Height (ROPS):75.6 inches
192 cm
2WD Weight:1790 lbs
811 kg
4WD Weight:1870 lbs
848 kg
2WD Clearance (drawbar):12.68 inches
32 cm
4WD Clearance (drawbar):9.9 inches
25 cm `
John Deere 855 tractor photo

/ Kubota B2920 #13  
If your current Deere 855 is 4-WD rather than 2-WD, you may notice a slight decrease in overall tractor capability.

If your current Deere 855 is 2-WD, performance Deere 855 2-WD vs Kubota B2920 4-WD will be equal.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2920 #14  
My B2620 has never let me down. I have a pic thread on here somewhere. I have made one mile of bush road on my property with it and have moved 330 metric tons of gravel up my hills with it over the coarse of a couple days.

Pulls my 60 inch box blade easily while maintaining those roads and hills. No ballast in my R4 tires.

I recently bought a new Kubota backhoe for it, but now wish I would have just put that money towards a mini-ex.
The backhoe is absolutely better than none at all, but I lost the suspension under my seat now, it has a horrible locking system for the swivel seat base, but my main reason for not loving it, is because on these small tractors it doesn't have a lot of reach so you spend more time repositioning than digging.

The 2620/2920 is a workhorse though for their size and price point.

/ Kubota B2920 #15  
I had the palmettos mulched and want to remove as much of the left over roots as possible.

A Dirt Dog (brand) three-tine All Purpose Plow will do a good job surfacing Palmetto roots behind a light tractor. While the tines are spaced ~18" apart, an APP still rakes to a certain extent. APP will also surface the immature Palmettos lurking 10" below soil surface and wild climbing rose corms.

Attachments

• DSC00362.jpg
    DSC00362.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 257

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2920 #16  
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. By leveling I am referring to small mounds of dirt. I would want to smooth those out and move the excess to low areas. I had the palmettos mulched and want to remove as much of the left over roots as possible. I have a 5 ft box blade and a 5 ft bush hog. Both could use some help, but will work. My main reason for another tractor is the FEL. Middleburg is located in the Jacksonville area.
Then I think you will be quite pleased with the B2920. I just spent some time last week using an older B2150 to make use of 3 truckloads of fill dirt (probably 8 to 10 tons each) that I had dumped on my property in the mountains. The B2150 is 24hp 4 cyl but is a little heavier (4 or 500lbs) than the 2920. My loader is not a factory loader but rather a Case brand that I had modified to fit. I am using AG tires with the rears filled. It is of course 4WD and I keep a 4ft JD hog on the back which acts as ballast in this circumstance. I was a little surprised that it took me longer than I had guessed to move around and place that much soil with what seems like a pretty robust and responsive little loader/tractor. My B2150 with the loader is a stick shift and NOT synchronized. Is the 2920 an HST ? That might do better. I soon learned I needed more air in the front tires ! Your potential B2920 probably has better hydraulic capacity (and thus loader lift) than my Case and B2150. I have no trouble at all lifting a max full and overflowing bucket of mixed clay soil. I think my bucket is a little wider than the 50" LA364 will be on your 2920. I also moved around and leveled around 9 tons of "crusher run" gravel (rather small area) with the same machine a month ago and that worked great.

I am not familiar with typical soil in your part of Fla. Makes a lot of difference if it is hard and caked or relatively soft and crumbly. You can probably use the box blade scarifier teeth to bust up those "small mounds" if need be and then use the FEL to move the rubble wherever you choose. Do NOT expect to be able to dig deeply into hard packed soil like clay with the width of your 50" bucket which is std on that B2920. You can't . Are you planning to keep/use both the JD 855 and this B2920?

/ Kubota B2920 #17  
That's a good price and if it were me I'd buy it asap.

I say that as an owner of a B1750 with loader since 1990. I've used the loader aggressively, hauled tons of trees through the woods and pulled my 72'' woods mower.

You'll never regret that purchase.

My only advice is to avoid a mid mount mower. Stay with 3ph attachments.

/ Kubota B2920 #18  
Rear implements are still easier.....but the B26/2920 have a drive over mid mount mower deck that is pretty easy to take on and off.

another good reason to buy it, is you can have that 29 h.p. without a DPF or catalyst to worry about.

/ Kubota B2920 #19  
That's a good price and if it were me I'd buy it asap.

I say that as an owner of a B1750 with loader since 1990. I've used the loader aggressively, hauled tons of trees through the woods and pulled my 72'' woods mower.

You'll never regret that purchase.

My only advice is to avoid a mid mount mower. Stay with 3ph attachments.
I agree savage. Good price (but we haven't heard hours yet.) The OP said it has a finish mower rather than a MMM if our terms are being used as is normal.

But about MMM -- I have two on B2150's and love them. No reason to avoid MMM that I can think of. I've had one since 1993 and the other just recently. They cut a smoother lawn than any finish mower I have tried. These are ground-following MMM, not the suspended type. I also use a suspended type on a BX2200 which is good, but not as good as the ground followers.

/ Kubota B2920 #20  
I agree with the previous posters......Paystar, savage and JWR....yet, my experience with the MMM has been on the positive side over all for maneuverability and cut. If I had larger fields (acres) to cut, I'd probably want a 3 pt mower. I imagine the 3 pt mowers with PTO attachment would be easier to mount and dismount. Having more HP and PTO HP in a B2920 would be plus without the DPF.

Cheers,
Mike

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR