Kioti zero turn mowers

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #11  
Ex-Mark ,Scag and John Deere make good units. I have had them all.Ferris is owned by Briggs and Stratton, who appear to be getting out of the mower business.
Apparently not so with Ferris. We are a Ferris Dealer, and Briggs is investing heavily in new Ferris Products and existing Ferris Product upgrades/updates. Availability is a bit of an issue right now...like everything else.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers
Glad to hear Ferris is staying around as I bought the Ferris IS 2100 I went to see last Friday. I was concerned about availability, several of the dealers I had gone too mentioned issues keeping mowers in stock. I really like the look of the Ferris mowers I saw at the dealer and when I looked at the used one it was in such fantastic shape and the price was very reasonable I couldn’t pass it up. Now if it will stop snowing and we can move on to spring!

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #13  
Ferris is definitely here to stay from everything that I've heard, they are expensive but so is anything that's top shelf.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #14  
No experience with Kioti zero turns, but I used to mow about 3 acres with a 3 pt 5' finish mower on my MF1540 - took about 3 hours and killed my back.

bought a Ferris zero turn; can mow the 3 acres in 45 minutes (also 5' deck). It has suspension springs on it too.

Being able to mow so quickly is nice because I don't have to plan ahead as to when I'm going to mow. Can just fire it up and do it if I'm in the mood.

so....whatever zero turn you end up with will be a huge time saver.
I’ve heard that zero turn mowers are great for lawns, but are really rough riding for field mowing. Is that true? I mow the rough areas with my tractor and rotary cutter, but I mow the native grass areas around buildings, outside yard and orchard with a riding mower. Will a zero turn handle these types of areas as well as a riding lawn tractor?

/ Kioti zero turn mowers
I’ve heard that zero turn mowers are great for lawns, but are really rough riding for field mowing. Is that true? I mow the rough areas with my tractor and rotary cutter, but I mow the native grass areas around buildings, outside yard and orchard with a riding mower. Will a zero turn handle these types of areas as well as a riding lawn tractor?
I wish i could say but once i get a chance to run mine a bit i'll let you know. It's going to be a couple months before we get a chance to really put it hrough its paces. I would suppose its all going to be dependent on your field and how rough it is. I watched a ton of videos on you tube while i was doing my zero turn research and i'm willing to bet there is going to be something on there that is going to answer your question.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #16  

All other things equal, a zero turn will be just as comfortable in a field as a standard lawn mower would be. The difference would be that zeros tend to be used at higher speeds, which can make for an uncomfortable ride. I cut somewhat rough areas at 5 mph or so and it's fine.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #17  
All other things equal, a zero turn will be just as comfortable in a field as a standard lawn mower would be. The difference would be that zeros tend to be used at higher speeds, which can make for an uncomfortable ride. I cut somewhat rough areas at 5 mph or so and it's fine.
Thanks

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #18  

it depends - just go slower it it is rough ground. Raise the deck if necessary.

it's very easy to get stuck in slightly wet/muddy areas with zero turns (in my experience), so just make sure it's dry enough. When I get stuck, I just pull it out with the tractor.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #19  
That's funny. I got my tractor stuck with the flail mower on it, so I continued mowing with my Kubota ZT. Its not as heavy as the tractor so less likely to get stuck. No problems in the open fields. Very comfortable, but some more expensive machines, eg Ferris have better suspension for rough fields.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #20  
I know many will look down at Cub Cadet ZT's, but it's the only one with steering wheel (going straight over bumps, beer drinking, and holding its line on hills). And if you splurge a little you can get a decent engine (Kawasaki FR's) with serviceable transmission (ZT3100 or ZT2800).

I like them so much I have 2 (54" for open yard and 48" for getting into fenced yard).

Attachments

• CC ZT.jpg
    CC ZT.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 134