Kioti zero turn mowers

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #1  

drysalty

Bronze Member
Tractor
kioti CK 2610 hst
Good morning, my simplicity riding mower (mid 90’s regent with a 38” deck) finally died on me at the end of last years mowing season. I’m seriously looking at buying a high end residential zero turn mower. Presently I’m mowing around 2.5 acres with the simplicity directly around the house and with a 48” brush hog behind my CK 2610 in the back field and it always takes the better part of a day to get it all cut. I love my tractor and I really like my Kioti dealer and I’m looking for feedback on the Kioti zero turn mowers. Has anyone here used one or purchased one? Please let me know what your experience has been And what your likes and dislikes are. Thanks!

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #2  
I personally haven't been on a Kioti zero turn but when I was at the farm show in NC a few weeks back I was able to take a pretty good look at them and from what I saw they look to be well made. Also, the pricing wasn't bad either when compared to some of the other different color units.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers
Thanks Boss! I haven’t been able to see one my dealer has none and can’t say for sure when he’ll get any. He’s hoping for April and he’s got me on the list for a demo, I have a fairly steep hill behind my barn that I want to make sure it will handle .

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #4  
I have yet to see one in the wild. I am sure they are fine,but there are so many great choices when it comes to zero-turns.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers
I’m finding out just how many there are, it’s like buying a snowmobile back in the seventies, there must be twenty names to choose from. Now I’m finding that there are a bunch of makes coming from the same parent Corp, Toro also makes Exmark, simplicities are really just rebadged Ferris mowers, Gravely and Airens are from the same corporation and so on. It’s all very involved. I like how the KiotiZXR SE mowers are spec’d 3200 hydros, better seats, etc. price seems reasonable and I’ve found my local dealer to be a great place to do business with. I just want to see/ demo one before I commit.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #6  
No experience with Kioti zero turns, but I used to mow about 3 acres with a 3 pt 5' finish mower on my MF1540 - took about 3 hours and killed my back.

bought a Ferris zero turn; can mow the 3 acres in 45 minutes (also 5' deck). It has suspension springs on it too.

Being able to mow so quickly is nice because I don't have to plan ahead as to when I'm going to mow. Can just fire it up and do it if I'm in the mood.

so....whatever zero turn you end up with will be a huge time saver.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers
thats the kind of time reduction I’m after. Which Ferris did you buy? There’s a IS2100 on Craigslist that I’m going to see tomorrow. It’s a bit too larger I’m thinking, it’s got the bagger with the fan assist and a dethatcher and only 26 hours on it

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #8  
thats the kind of time reduction I’m after. Which Ferris did you buy? There’s a IS2100 on Craigslist that I’m going to see tomorrow. It’s a bit too larger I’m thinking, it’s got the bagger with the fan assist and a dethatcher and only 26 hours on it

have the is5100z - pre emissions 33 hp (I think) diesel

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #9  
Drysalty, you won't go wrong with a Ferris. They are top shelf.

/ Kioti zero turn mowers #10  
Drysalty, you won't go wrong with a Ferris. They are top shelf.
Ex-Mark ,Scag and John Deere make good units. I have had them all.Ferris is owned by Briggs and Stratton, who appear to be getting out of the mower business.