Price Check Kioti vs kubota

/ Kioti vs kubota #31  
In a lot of the replies to the original question, the Kioti fans are happy. However, the majority of them have very low hours on their tractors. On the opposite end, I would not consider over 3,000 hours as a lot for a tractor. The old US built iron ran a long time. I don't think the Kiotis have the long life the Kubota's are known for. Remember, Kioti originally was a licenced manufacturer for Kubota before copying their designs. The goal wan't to build a better tractor, it was to make one cheaper.

/ Kioti vs kubota #32  
In a lot of the replies to the original question, the Kioti fans are happy. However, the majority of them have very low hours on their tractors. On the opposite end, I would not consider over 3,000 hours as a lot for a tractor. The old US built iron ran a long time. I don't think the Kiotis have the long life the Kubota's are known for. Remember, Kioti originally was a licenced manufacturer for Kubota before copying their designs. The goal wan't to build a better tractor, it was to make one cheaper.

crap!

/ Kioti vs kubota #33  
Former kubota owner here. I’ve had my dk40 for 5 years, never has a problem with it and never been back to the dealer. Would buy it again 10 times over before anything else on the market. In my opinion it was/is the best. strongest pound for pound tractor made. As far as the previous st earlier about copying the design to build it cheaper now better, I don’t believe that to be true with at least the original DK series tractors and maybe other models. It was a deluxe tractor trailer it’s many many creature comforts standard and well thought out.

/ Kioti vs kubota #34  

Now thats HA,HA funny..

/ Kioti vs kubota #35  
Don’t buy into the resale pitch. When the dust settles most people loose the same amount or more on the more expensive tractor. Remember if it costs more to begin with the resale would only appear to be more, the loss as a percentage is going to give the real answer.
Having owned many brands over the years and being the type owner who puts more hours on per year than what people here seem to think is normal. I will say I have been very happy with my Kioti! It has been problem free! Not one brand that I have owned over the years has made it this far without any issues that required a wrench and a trip to the dealer for parts to fix except for this Kioti!

/ Kioti vs kubota #36  

Show me your source? What were they licensed to build? Or is it that at one time kubota thought so highly of Kioti the actually worked together to design and build something?

Or do you as so many others have the hole story wrong?

/ Kioti vs kubota #37  
Don’t buy into the resale pitch. When the dust settles most people loose the same amount or more on the more expensive tractor.

Resale isn't just about the dollar amount that you get for something, it also covers how long it will take to sell. A guy at an auction that I was at was buying a Kioti tractor that sold pretty cheap. He said that nobody will buy them used in Texas, but he can sell them up North if the right person comes along. It's just like comparing Toyota to Kia. Same year, same mileage and similar equiped, the used Toyota is going to see a lot faster then the Kia.

/ Kioti vs kubota #38  
I am sorry that my evaluation of the two tractors was interpreted as an attack on your decisions to buy a Kioti. Daedong knows that the US market is very price oriented. The history of Daedong tractors is that they got into the tractor business when Kubota was looking for a low cost manufacturer to partner with to build a low cost tractor line. The 02 series Kubota was assembled by Daedong, utilizing their own transmission and the Kubota engine and sheet metal. Along side of the 02 Kubota, Daedong stole the designs and introduced their own tractor. This resulted in a lawsuit and a parting of the ways. The "Kioti" was an exact copy of everything when they were first introduced, including the orange paint. This was settled in a law suit which is why the paint color changed in the early 2000s.

I work for a company that manufactures components for the on and off highway OEMs. We supply Daedong, Kubota, John Deere and all of the others. Kubota, being a typically Japaneses company, is firm on design and fierce on price negotiations. Daedong is fierce on pricing but is always looking to cut corners on design and material to get the overall price down.

Look at the Daedong literature and they claim the engines are tested to 2000 hours. In my mind, that is a disposable tractor. So when owners say they have had no problems and they already have 200 or 400 hours, give it time.

/ Kioti vs kubota #39  
I am sorry that my evaluation of the two tractors was interpreted as an attack on your decisions to buy a Kioti. Daedong knows that the US market is very price oriented. The history of Daedong tractors is that they got into the tractor business when Kubota was looking for a low cost manufacturer to partner with to build a low cost tractor line. The 02 series Kubota was assembled by Daedong, utilizing their own transmission and the Kubota engine and sheet metal. Along side of the 02 Kubota, Daedong stole the designs and introduced their own tractor. This resulted in a lawsuit and a parting of the ways. The "Kioti" was an exact copy of everything when they were first introduced, including the orange paint. This was settled in a law suit which is why the paint color changed in the early 2000s.

I work for a company that manufactures components for the on and off highway OEMs. We supply Daedong, Kubota, John Deere and all of the others. Kubota, being a typically Japaneses company, is firm on design and fierce on price negotiations. Daedong is fierce on pricing but is always looking to cut corners on design and material to get the overall price down.

Look at the Daedong literature and they claim the engines are tested to 2000 hours. In my mind, that is a disposable tractor. So when owners say they have had no problems and they already have 200 or 400 hours, give it time.

Your still not telling the hole story but your getting closer!

/ Kioti vs kubota #40  
When all of you put the hours on a machine that I do, report back on longevity. I fully expect both my Kubota M's to exceed 10K hours with only routine maintenance. I sick right to the maintenance schedule and I don' skimp on lubricants or filters. No cheap TSC universal hydraulic fluid in my pair or cheap engine oil or filters either.

Cheap might be good short term but I do long term, high hours.