Price Check Kioti vs kubota

/ Kioti vs kubota #11  
I think they are very comparable tractors. I went with Kioti because it seemed a better value and the dealer was much more accommodating and quite a bit closer.
I would check both out and get an opinion on the dealers. Compare the operator stations on both and see which one you prefer. I found the Kioti set up much more comfortable for me.

/ Kioti vs kubota #12  
Some models of either tractor may have more positive things for your needs. I opted for Kubota over Kioti due to distance to dealer (local vs a hundred plus miles one way). I'm happy with my Kubota. I've got a fantastic dealer, too. In addition to researching the tractors you would do well to get to know the dealers of the tractors you are considering. You will need some degree of support after the sale. Are the mechanics competent? Do they stock common parts? Do they have trouble getting less common parts? Kubota does have a more established dealership chain. Get a feel for your local dealership for either brand.

/ Kioti vs kubota #13  
I went with Kioti, due to my proximity to a long-standing, well-respected servicing dealership. No major Kubota servicing dealers in my immediate area. That said, I'd be equally happy driving a Kubota if the dealership situation were reversed. The people that own Kubotas seem to love them for the most part. I actually started my tractor-buying adventure looking to buy a Kubota, but the NX series Kioti tractor I eventually purchased seemed to have more "bang for the buck" than a comparably-equipped Kubota. I would have needed to step up into the Kubota "Grand" series to get the similar options that my NX has, at a pretty big jump in price. Dealerships being equal in your case, I'd drive both, compare features and prices, then decide what's best for you based on that. Both solid choices.

/ Kioti vs kubota #14  
What is your opinion of the Kioti engine versus the Kubota engine?
I have had 15 years of almost trouble free use out of my Kubota.
I've heard some stories about the Kioti engine not being any good with all the emissions that have been put on it.

New tractors over 26-horsepower meet stringent Tier IV emission rules, which necessitated two stages of emission upgrades over older models.

Primary Tire IV emission reduction occurs within redesigned engines during combustion. Bonus is an increase of two to four horsepower in redesigned engines.

DPF is the second stage (Diesel Particulate Filter), incinerating diesel soot accumulated during 40 to 60 engine hours of operation to a few grams of carbon/ash during regeneration, ash then exits the DPF in the form of carbon. .

Diesel Particulate Filter supersedes tractor muffler.
At some point in time DPF needs to be replaced.
At some point in time tractors with mufflers need the muffler replaced.

The cost of DPF and the computer chip which monitors soot accumulation increases Tier IV compliant tractor cost. Computer chip also adjusts electronic fuel injection.

Kioti, Kubota and most other tractor engines use DPF to meet Tier IV emission standards. Neither Kioti nor Kubota can be deemed better than the other on the issue of emissions technology.

If you can restrain yourself after firing up your own tractor (few do) you could find a < 25.4794 horsepower / 100 cubic inch, 2,700 pound bare weight tractor with 4-WD and a three (3) range HST transmission sufficient. Tractors < 25.4794 horsepower are exempt (for now) from strict Tier IV emission standards and the associated paraphernalia. Exhaust is dirty.

Last edited:
   / Kioti vs kubota #15  
But remember, they do come out of the same plant, hence the same paint used on both. One line overseen by one Brother and the other line the other brother. I jest of course, but Kubota Sales people still hear such beliefs from prospective customers.

Press Release Regarding Settlement in Kubota v. Daedong 'Kioti' Case
August 27, 2004
TORRANCE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 27, 2004--Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation, on the one hand, and Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd. and Daedong-USA, Inc., on the other hand, have settled the lawsuit filed by Kubota in August 2002 in Federal District Court in Fresno, California.

The lawsuit alleged, among other things, that certain aspects of the appearance of Daedong's Kioti tractors infringed trade dress and other rights that Kubota asserted exist in Kubota's tractors. Daedong is taking certain steps that Kubota believes will address its concerns.

Kubota wishes to once again inform consumers that there is no relationship between Kubota and Daedong or their respective products. Kubota and Daedong are completely separate and unrelated companies. Kubota did not design and does not manufacture the engine or any other component of any Kioti tractors, and Kubota dealers have no obligation to honor warranties on Kioti tractors. Kubota does not authorize its parts to be used on Kioti tractors.

/ Kioti vs kubota #16  
Hey all, I just sold my faithful old Kubota today and I'm looking at upgrading to a little larger tractor. What is your opinion of the Kioti engine versus the Kubota engine? I have had 15 years of almost trouble free use out of my Kubota. I've heard some stories about the Kioti engine not being any good with all the emissions that have been put on it. The Kioti is considerably cheaper than the Kubota in the same size range. Both dealerships are close to me. Do I need to worry about the engine on either tractor with the emissions?

If I had 15 years of trouble free use with one brand I surely would not switch to another that I hope is as good as the one I had before. Which one has the higher resale value and that will tell you what the market thinks.

/ Kioti vs kubota #17  
If I had 15 years of trouble free use with one brand I surely would not switch to another that I hope is as good as the one I had before. Which one has the higher resale value and that will tell you what the market thinks.

Of coarse it is you paid more. Ive had mine for 10 years so. I might switch if I can't get the features I want.

/ Kioti vs kubota #18  
Jeff Interesting information. Thanks. Does this mean the two brothers are quarrelling?

It's true. At a hundred yards especially with a loader blocking the hood, you often don't know which brand you are looking at.

/ Kioti vs kubota
I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on the Kubota. The resale value is higher in my area for it. If I have to I can sell the new one later on if I don't like it and get a used pre emissions tractor and not be much if any money out it looks. I use my tractor almost as much as our car. If it wasn't for the longer trips I would probably use it more than all my vehicles together. I talked with my dealership and he said he can have the tractor built for me by next week. They didn't have all the options I wanted on the lot.

/ Kioti vs kubota #20  
That would be my choice. Resale always matters to me, but means nothing to others. BUT, selling a used, low hours tractor can be difficult. I would make pretty certain, I bought the right one, the first time around. If it was low hours, well maintained, pre-emmissions, it could be a very different story.