Price Check Kioti vs kubota

/ Kioti vs kubota #1  

David Scigliano

Tractor
none
Hey all, I just sold my faithful old Kubota today and I'm looking at upgrading to a little larger tractor. What is your opinion of the Kioti engine versus the Kubota engine? I have had 15 years of almost trouble free use out of my Kubota. I've heard some stories about the Kioti engine not being any good with all the emissions that have been put on it. The Kioti is considerably cheaper than the Kubota in the same size range. Both dealerships are close to me. Do I need to worry about the engine on either tractor with the emissions?

/ Kioti vs kubota #2  
I believe only time will answer your question. In the meantime, you just have to do what you believe, or are led to believe.

/ Kioti vs kubota #3  
Leeds where? England?

Kubota is considered the Gold Standard for compact tractors in the USA. Are Kubotas a great value? Opinions differ.

Kioti tractors are value priced. Are the controls as refined as Kubota controls? Are Kioti tractors as reliable as Kubota tractors for owners intending to keep the tractor for fifteen years or more? Opinions differ.

If you are an average USA compact tractor residential user, adding sixty hours to the clock per year, I would judge the two brands equal.

Diesel Particulate Filters are considered to have a life span of 3,000 engine hours = 50 years of residential use.

Last edited:
   / Kioti vs kubota #4  
i tend to agree with the 2 previous posters that tier 3 engines really haven't been around long enough to comprehensively know what the ongoing maintenance issues will be. aside from emissions i would say that mechanically kioti engines would be on par with kubota, yanmar and other small diesels. like all products you get the odd gremlins and its more of a case on how the manufacturers address it. the fuel pump gears on the older kioti engines havein some batches where the timing gears would shear would be one such example. also its only when such models have been in the wild for a while such issues come to light.

/ Kioti vs kubota #5  
I think it all depends on where management wants to take a company. Are they truly interested in building the best tractor at a pricepoint, Or are they just trying to get increasing market share at any cost by offering a cheaper alternative to established brands?

/ Kioti vs kubota #6  
Diesel Particulate Filters are considered to have a life span of 3,000 engine hours = 50 years of residential use.
That may be, but that's only a fraction of the issues with the emissions.
Much of it is when they won't regen properly and get dash warnings, or go into limp model because they won't regen.
We have 4 emissions diesels at work that have been back at the dealer at 1 time or another with regen issues. ( a Dodge Cummins, Mack MP8, Leeboy paver with a Kubota engine, and a Case skid loader)

/ Kioti vs kubota #7  
As a brand, it seems to me they are of equal quality. I prefer some models of each over the others. At this time, it seems the HST+ edges the Kioti, but they are closing the gap. In my area the poor quality of and availability to dealerships keep people away. My brother had to go out of state to buy one and had to haul it home, but it's what he wanted and so far the quality is on a par with any other brand we own.

/ Kioti vs kubota #8  
But remember, they do come out of the same plant, hence the same paint used on both. One line overseen by one Brother and the other line the other brother. I jest of course, but Kubota Sales people still hear such beliefs from prospective customers.

/ Kioti vs kubota
I am in Mansfield Missouri now but can't update my profile for some reason. Site keeps crashing every time I try so I left it. I use my tractor more than 60 hrs a year. probably closer to 150 hrs but not sure as The hour meter didn't work on my last tractor. I'm looking at brush hogging for others this Coming summer so may get even more hours than usual. I mostly do loader work and brush hogging but do some tilling and backhoe work. I'm mostly concerned that I won't like the new tractor as much as my old one. I also am wanting to make sure that the engine and transmission will be reliable. I'm getting the gear transmission as I don't like the hydros that I've used so far, esp when it comes to pulling.

/ Kioti vs kubota #10  
I’ve owned both. A couple of kubota b6000’s, old timers and a 2004 kioti TLB. I like both. But in all honesty I’ve never seen anyone build a better more reliable machine than the Japanese. Typically bullet proof and quality of materials and longevity, mechanically, second to none. From my Kawasaki and Yamaha motocross bikes to my kubotas and old Datsun’s nothing I’ve owned has approached the rock solid mechanics of a Japanese machine. Rust is another matter all together, but motors and hardware, rock solid.