Price Check Kioti vs kubota

/ Kioti vs kubota #21  
If you sell within the first few years you will have a hard time getting your money out of it. Why should I buy yours when I can buy a brand new one close to your price with full warranty?

/ Kioti vs kubota #22  
Kioti hasn't done well in my area. The last dealer to have them also sold trailers, golf carts and garage sale type items spread out over the lawn. He probbly had about a dozen tractors at his peak, but the last time I drove by there, he no longer had Kioti and was selling something painted red.

Kubota has dozens of tractors on their yard along with every type of implement that you will ever need. They only sell Kubota. They have a very large, fully staffed repair shop that is run by friendly people that will walk you through how to do the repair yourself if you don't want to bring it in to them.

In my opinion, Kubota is like Honda. It's what everyone else compares to and tries to be "almost" as good as. With Kubota, you know what you are getting, and you know that the dealer will be there decades after you buy the tractor. You do not know this with Kioti.

/ Kioti vs kubota #23  
If I wanted a Kioti and the guy with the lawn sale had a price that reflected his low overhead, that would suit me. Not interested in paying the electric bill to light the Kubota Sign all night. What I dodn't go for is that same guy, charging the same as a properly set up dealer, and pocketing the extra profit.

/ Kioti vs kubota #24  
Love my Kioti NX5010. No issues after 3 years and 250 hours.

/ Kioti vs kubota #25  
I have had my Kioti 7320 for almost 2 years and 200 hours and it has been pretty flawless. Only gripe is king kong put on the original set of hydraulic filters and then painted them on after that. Had to use a two foot chain wrench to get them off. Would buy it again vs. Kubota or Deere - price difference paid for a lot of implements.

/ Kioti vs kubota #26  
If I had 15 years of trouble free use with one brand I surely would not switch to another that I hope is as good as the one I had before. Which one has the higher resale value and that will tell you what the market thinks.

Well, I'll add my thoughts on that. :) I had 21 years of nearly trouble-free use with my Kubota B2150HST, and switched to Kioti in 2014 when I bought my NX4510HST cab. (Tier IV compliant). I had been ready to stroke a check for a Kubota Grand L4760 when I decided to investigate the Kioti, and actually liked it better. Also kept the B2150, and it continues to be a very reliable little tractor. Then in 2018 I added another Kioti, a CK3510SE HST open station. Love that as well. Will still keep the B2150 because it's so handy!

OP, I don't think you'll go wrong with a new Kubota, but neither would you with a new Kioti. :) I don't know where you're hearing that Kioti engines aren't any good because of emission controls, but I'm suspicious of the candor and motivation behind that advice. More to your current thinking, I also can't imagine you'd be so unhappy with the Tier lV performance of either brand in the next few years that you'd actually decide to sell it and take a loss (yes, inevitable, as Murph notes) in order to buy a used non-emission-controlled tractor in a comparable hp! :no: That's assuming it's over 26 hp. By that time, you'd have to reach back a fair number of years! JMHO

/ Kioti vs kubota #27  
Had a Kubota Compact for 7 Yrs., No major issues, but like everyone else had a few, wanted a little larger one, planned on another Kubota - priced one out, then started looking at stats, for the price, the Kioti out lifted / out performed in all areas - I then decided to try both of them, The Kioti was far more comfortable - loved the dual pedals / seat / control placement. Brand loyalty is great, but stats, operation and dollars most definitely entered the forum for me. I went with the Kioti and have absolutely no regrets it's a great machine. My suggestion to you would be to sit on them - try them - review the stats - match what you plan on doing with it and make a decision on comfort, use and value.....

/ Kioti vs kubota #28  
i tend to agree with the 2 previous posters that tier 3 engines really haven't been around long enough to comprehensively know what the ongoing maintenance issues will be. aside from emissions i would say that mechanically kioti engines would be on par with kubota, yanmar and other small diesels. like all products you get the odd gremlins and its more of a case on how the manufacturers address it. the fuel pump gears on the older kioti engines havein some batches where the timing gears would shear would be one such example. also its only when such models have been in the wild for a while such issues come to light.

I think you mean Tier 4 (final) engines, not Tier 3. A Tier 3 diesel has no emissions hardware or software other than a smoke limiting valve (wastegate) on the turbo if it has a turbo. I have Tier 3 engines (turbo charged ata engines in both my tractors) No emissions hardware ar all.

/ Kioti vs kubota #29  
Well, additionally, I have both brands locally available as well as Branson but I require a couple things. First is sizeable PTO power and second is longevity.

I like all tractors except JD because green isn't my favorite color.:D

Kioti didn't have the back end grunt available when I bought my first M9000 cab tractor in 2004, most I could get was about 75 pto which wasn't enough for my uses so Kubota won out. Still have it plus another M9000 but an open station. Bought a 105X as well but sold that last year. Kept both M's because I like standardization. 2 identical units. I use mine to farm with and both have serious hours on them with minimal issues. 3700 hours on one, 2500 on the other, way more hours than most people even dream about and both units are stone reliable and get the job dine every time. If Kioti had a big pto powered unit back in 2004 when I bought the first M, I might be running them today, but they didn't.

Branson cannot even come close to what I require. Having said that, there is a Branson dealer about 3 miles form me. Pass it almost every day. Nice looking units, just for me, too small. My hew Holland dealer (I run NH hay tools) sells Kioti so I'm familiar with them and have been right along.

I think they are all good. I'm running Kubota because back in 2004 they had the pto power I required and Ive stuck with them plus my dealer is fantastic to deal with. he takes excellent care of them and if I need tech advice it's always there, I only have to ask.

/ Kioti vs kubota #30  
Had a Kubota Compact for 7 Yrs., No major issues, but like everyone else had a few, wanted a little larger one, planned on another Kubota - priced one out, then started looking at stats, for the price, the Kioti out lifted / out performed in all areas - I then decided to try both of them, The Kioti was far more comfortable - loved the dual pedals / seat / control placement. Brand loyalty is great, but stats, operation and dollars most definitely entered the forum for me. I went with the Kioti and have absolutely no regrets it's a great machine. My suggestion to you would be to sit on them - try them - review the stats - match what you plan on doing with it and make a decision on comfort, use and value.....

What he said ^^

I went through the same exercise in upgrading from my open station Mahindra 3616, only I looked at Deere, Kubota, Mahindra and Massey in addition to Kioti. Lifting stats, comfort, control ergonomics, available options and cost of the tractor and installed options greatly favored Kioti in my opinion. So I now have a 3-week old NX5010C shuttle. Kept the 3616 since it has been a very reliable machine, may sell it in the future if I run out of uses for it. :laughing:

Last edited: