Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h
I want to use a flail mover. Will <25 horsepower be enough?

Will you flail only grass? How high will the grass be?

How much time do you wish to devote to mowing during HOT weather?
LINK: Mowing Calcuator | How many acres can I mow in an hour

After 11,500 posts on T-B-N I find it baffling how few new members specify their location.

I find it difficult, sometimes impossible, to post solid information without knowing where the OP will operate the tractor.

Here are my reasons for wanting OP location.

ALTIITUDE - Tractors lose 3% of engine power output for every 1,000' altitude increase, over 1,500' Sometimes twenty posts will be made advising on tractor horsepower, then we find OP is a 6,500 feet altitude and is considering a low power, naturally aspirated tractor.

WEATHER - ESPECIALLY SNOW - Blowing snow and mowing are the two tasks that require considerable engine power. If we know an OP is in Buffalo, NY rather than Key West, FL snow needs are apparent.

WEATHER - Large swathes of the country have a continental climate, four seasons, with great temperature variations between winters and summers.
Areas near the coast have varying maritime climates.

PRICING - Tractor and implement pricing and dealer service pricing varies a great deal. Lowest prices are usually in the south. Prices along the west coast and in the northeast are usually highest.

Some states exempt agriculture and forestry equipment from state sales taxes. Florida is one example of liberal ag sales tax exemptions.

IMPLEMENTS - Availability of implements brands are regional, not national. ie: CountyLine, Rural King, etc.

SOIL AND GROWING SEASON - Whether game food plots or market crops, soil and length of growing season(s) in important. Soil type influences tire selection.

USED TRACTORS - When the OP posts a location, OP is often referred to good used tractors nearby or provided local tractor listings from Craig's List, eBay, TractorHouse, Machinery Peter or other sites.

Everyone on T-B-N has a screen name, as anonymous as they like. Any other profile information is contributed voluntarily, such as age and tractor brand/model. Relative to the massive data heists reported so often, with names, address, Social Security and credit card numbers stolen, this site is nearly anonymous.
Grass most the time 95%, some saplings less than 3/4". Grass would be less than 12" worst case scenario. during growing season I tried to mow once a week providing weather allows me. With my 21 hp Zero turn mower it takes me 3 to 5 hours (If grass is tall goes real slow) Takes 3 to 5 gallows of fuel real old mover on it's last leg. Hopefully 3 hour or less would be my goal.

I don't prefer a midmount. 3pt flail could be offset to get closer to fences and trees. You can get a 48" flail to operate with as little as 16hp.
thanks

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #33  
No LS or Duetz or Yanmar or Massey?

willy

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #35  
Most people don't use 3 ranges if they have them on an HST.
I certainly do. High for roading it, low for tilling, plowing, disking, bringing wood out and moving snow; medium for backing up to move more snow and generally getting around,.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #36  
I'm almost always in mid range. But it is nice to have 3 ranges. I only use high range on the road in front of the house. I almost never use low range even when digging, unless the ground or pile is hard.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #37  
Personally I'd strongly not recommend anything larger then the original selection!!! 3 acres is tiny, and even the potential extra 4 acres doesn't add much. The unmaintained road after you've done the hard work the first time all you'll be doing is basic maintenance to it that won't be much work at all. And it's flat, so not like it's going to get washed out. And it's in Florida so you're not getting piles of snow to clear off it...
For perspective I run a ck2510 on 10 acres and it's far from flat, my neighbour runs a ck2610 also on 10 acres. Having operated both on our properties I know if I had to replace my tractor I'd not move up in size to the ck2610. (or comparable in any brand.)
My tractor clears snow, (3pt blower & blade on loader) does a ton of loader work (both bucket and brush bucket with thumb), pulls a trailer with ease, runs a backhoe, runs a 3pt wood chipper, runs a 5' 3pt finishing mower, the list goes on. And I'm running loaded rear wheels which I strongly recommend, turns the tractor into a little monster. Sure you can hang something off the rear to use as a counter-weight for loader work but that gets annoying - in tight quarters it limits your manoeuvrability, (trust me I know) and if you're say loading a trailer which you're then going to pull that means you're constantly taking whatever is hanging off the back on and off constantly...
Oh and technically I did replace my tractor! I had a ck20s and last fall replaced it with the ck2510 cab version. Wanted a cab for winter and wanted hst - actually that's an important point given the discussion above about 2 or 3 range. The gear version I would not recommend, definitely go with the hst version. I loved my ck20 and would never have replaced it but for that tranny which is why I replaced it after having it for over 9 years. If all I was doing was field work the geared version would have been fine but doing a lot of loader work it is not optimal - real loader work meant being in low range and reverse in low range was too slow. The hst in low range is much more effective and most of the time I'm operating in low.
Last comment - financially consider that if you go with a bigger tractor every attachment costs more so your total cost of ownership is a decent percentage more.

That's my 2 cents. Oh, lol, one last comment - ya I've talked about Kioti above and after 10 years of ownership I'd happily recommend the brand. But frankly I don't know that you'll be unhappy with any new tractor. Before I bought my Kioti I wanted a JD - I grew up working on farms and most of what we ran was green. (farming - that's where you need a big tractor.) But when I went to buy a tractor 10 years ago money talked and I ended up with the Kioti. At the time I saved about 10 grand over a comparable green tractor! That was an easy choice.

E.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #38  
I have the Bobcat CT2025. Withe the exception of slightly less lifting capacity of the FEL, it is identical to the Kioti (same manufacturer). When I purchased mine, 2020, it was about $3k less than the ck2610 kioti due to incentives. My dealer is great and so is the tractor. I only use the pto for a 5in wallenstein chipper. It does an adequate job powering it.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #39  
I'm considering one of the following tractor and was wondering have experienced with these tractors.
Cx2510 is around 2200 weight
Tym t264 is around 1880 weight
Branson 2610h is around 2000
I know weight of a tractor is real important for things like grading and stability. I'm also concern about warranty. I've talk to some that had to fight to get there tractor covered with Brandon for example and kioti was much easier to deal with. The dealer that I plan to talk with are all good.
Branson is owned by TYM; both are/have been built in S Korea. Assembly in the USA.
I have a 2014 TYM 503 and it has served me very well.

Personally I'd strongly not recommend anything larger then the original selection!!! 3 acres is tiny, and even the potential extra 4 acres doesn't add much. The unmaintained road after you've done the hard work the first time all you'll be doing is basic maintenance to it that won't be much work at all. And it's flat, so not like it's going to get washed out. And it's in Florida so you're not getting piles of snow to clear off it...
For perspective I run a ck2510 on 10 acres and it's far from flat, my neighbour runs a ck2610 also on 10 acres. Having operated both on our properties I know if I had to replace my tractor I'd not move up in size to the ck2610. (or comparable in any brand.)
My tractor clears snow, (3pt blower & blade on loader) does a ton of loader work (both bucket and brush bucket with thumb), pulls a trailer with ease, runs a backhoe, runs a 3pt wood chipper, runs a 5' 3pt finishing mower, the list goes on. And I'm running loaded rear wheels which I strongly recommend, turns the tractor into a little monster. Sure you can hang something off the rear to use as a counter-weight for loader work but that gets annoying - in tight quarters it limits your manoeuvrability, (trust me I know) and if you're say loading a trailer which you're then going to pull that means you're constantly taking whatever is hanging off the back on and off constantly...
Oh and technically I did replace my tractor! I had a ck20s and last fall replaced it with the ck2510 cab version. Wanted a cab for winter and wanted hst - actually that's an important point given the discussion above about 2 or 3 range. The gear version I would not recommend, definitely go with the hst version. I loved my ck20 and would never have replaced it but for that tranny which is why I replaced it after having it for over 9 years. If all I was doing was field work the geared version would have been fine but doing a lot of loader work it is not optimal - real loader work meant being in low range and reverse in low range was too slow. The hst in low range is much more effective and most of the time I'm operating in low.
Last comment - financially consider that if you go with a bigger tractor every attachment costs more so your total cost of ownership is a decent percentage more.

That's my 2 cents. Oh, lol, one last comment - ya I've talked about Kioti above and after 10 years of ownership I'd happily recommend the brand. But frankly I don't know that you'll be unhappy with any new tractor. Before I bought my Kioti I wanted a JD - I grew up working on farms and most of what we ran was green. (farming - that's where you need a big tractor.) But when I went to buy a tractor 10 years ago money talked and I ended up with the Kioti. At the time I saved about 10 grand over a comparable green tractor! That was an easy choice.

E.
I just got a quote.
The CX2510 with backhoe and 3rd function will cost me $25,700.00 plus tax.

The Branson 2610H with backhoe and 3rd function will cost me $25,600.00 plus tax.

The Branson 2515R with backhoe and 3rd function will cost me $25,700.00 plus tax with a dealer rebate. I think I'm going to go with this one. Same price as CX2510, with twice The FEL power / twice the 3 point hitch lift @ 24". ergonomically and resell valve though Kioti wins.