Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #1  

prometheus303

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
I'm considering one of the following tractor and was wondering have experienced with these tractors.
Cx2510 is around 2200 weight
Tym t264 is around 1880 weight
Branson 2610h is around 2000
I know weight of a tractor is real important for things like grading and stability. I'm also concern about warranty. I've talk to some that had to fight to get there tractor covered with Brandon for example and kioti was much easier to deal with. The dealer that I plan to talk with are all good.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #2  
Brand? Models to look at or avoid? Buy new or used?

The design of the Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939 -- 83 years in 2022.

The basic design is generic.

Kubota and Deere have most of the market through 6,000 pound bare weight tractors. But this Kubota/Deere predominance is regional.

The up and coming compact tractor brands are Korean: Kioti, LS and Branson. There are other Korean brands. You have to critically assess dealer stability while shopping minor brands.

Korean manufacturing labor is paid 50% of what Deere pays its union work force. Japanese manufacturing labor is paid 70% of what Deere pays its union work force. Labor costs strongly influence tractor prices.

We have the following brands within an hour of us.
  • Kubota
  • LS
  • TYM
  • KIOTI
  • Massey Ferguson
  • John Deere
I know that a lot depends on the dealer and their willingness to help, but should I stay away from any of these brands?

Start with the nearest dealer and work out.

Transporting a tractor for service is expensive and inconvenient, whether you trailer it or the dealer trailers it.

CREDIT: 'FELIXEDO'

"It has been touched on a couple of times, but not directly as a buying factor.

Every major make has a machine that will do the job(s) you want. Check out your nearby dealers, and go with one you have confidence in.

A great machine with no support nearby is a hassle to repair and maintain.

And a good machine can't make a lousy dealer into a good dealer."

Last edited:
   / Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #3  
I would vote for a CX2510 - with lots of experience issuing warranty repairs, etc., I think the CX2510 is one of the best tractors in that range (new). Get a wheel weight kit, or fill the rear tires with beet juice. The control modules on these are typical to go out, a recall was just issued on some. Otherwise, they are quite reliable and durable.

Dealer location is important. Can you trailer it yourself?

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h
I would vote for a CX2510 - with lots of experience issuing warranty repairs, etc., I think the CX2510 is one of the best tractors in that range (new). Get a wheel weight kit, or fill the rear tires with beet juice. The control modules on these are typical to go out, a recall was just issued on some. Otherwise, they are quite reliable and durable.

Dealer location is important. Can you trailer it yourself?
At the moment I can't trailer it. That will change in the future. Though I'm seriously considering Branson. I've got 2 dealerships with in 20 miles of me. That are both rated well by reviews. I only have one kioti dealer though I really like the kioti

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #5  
I'm only @ 44hrs but I sure love my CX! I fell for the Ergonomics of it. Everything felt like it was designed by me, for me. Looked at all the others that were available at the time and felt this was the best package. Then the added savings factored into me justifying a Wicked 55 grapple. No issues with the CX yet.

Attachments

• 20210926_140738.jpg
    20210926_140738.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 220
   / Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #6  
Looking to buy my first Kioti tractor for my 26 acre farm. The tasks are bush-hogging 20 acres once per year that includes steep hills, tilling my vegetable garden, 1000 foot gravel driveway maintenance, cutting and hauling wood for winter and just general tractor and loader work.

I think the ck2610 would suit most of my needs except bush hogging.

Subcompact and compact tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate in landscape, kitchen/commercial garden or hobby farm applications on one to ten flat acres.
When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

~~ BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR ~~

Bare tractor weight first

Looking to buy my first tractor for my 26 acre farm that includes steep hills.

CK2610 is too light/narrow/unstable for your topography and tractor applications.

Every tractor producer has at least an economy and deluxe model in the 4,000 pound bare weight category, with a 66" width and 40 to 60 horsepower. These are the mid-weights in the compact tractor category and sell in high unit volumes.

tractor horsepower second

I am assuming I can run a 6ft Bush Hog and might get away with a 7ft.

Mowing once per year you will need a heavy duty Rotary Cutter weighing 1,100 to 1,500 pounds and at least 50 engine horsepower to spin it cutting 5' to 7' tall grass and a year's production of brush.

If contemplating a cab tractor, 60 engine horsepower would be better. The cab weighs ~ 700 pounds ~ and the air conditioning requires several horsepower.

rear axle width third

Tractors are inherently unstable operating on sloped ground. Tractor rear wheel/tire spread, sometimes adjustable, is a critical factor increasing compact tractor stability working sloped or uneven ground. A 6" to 10" increase in rear axle width substantially decreases tractor rollover potential. Tractor width is an approximation of rear axle width.

Small tractor wheels drop into holes, disrupting traction. Larger wheels and tires supplied on heavier tractors bridge holes and ruts, increasing traction. Larger wheels and tires permit higher operating speed over uneven ground by reducing implement bounce and operator perturbation.

rear wheel/tire ballast fourth

To apply 60-horsepower to the ground with an open station tractor you will probably want rear tires filled 50% or 75% with liquid to lower tractor center-of-gravity and bolt-on wheel weights.

If you are considering a cab tractor the cab weight substitutes for wheel weights.

Tasks include hauling wood for winter and just general tractor and loader work.

With this ballast on the rear wheels you will be able to lift 65% (+/-) of Loader capacity without a Three Point Hitch implement mounted.

Last edited:
   / Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #7  
I'm considering one of the following tractor and was wondering have experienced with these tractors.
Cx2510 is around 2200 weight
Tym t264 is around 1880 weight
Branson 2610h is around 2000
I know weight of a tractor is real important for things like grading and stability. I'm also concern about warranty. I've talk to some that had to fight to get there tractor covered with Brandon for example and kioti was much easier to deal with. The dealer that I plan to talk with are all good.
It would really depend on what you're plans for the tractor are, as to whether weight will be a concern or not.

I like that my Branson is heavy for it's size (all-in normally rigged, it weighs just over 7000 lbs). However, we have moved (since purchase) to a new house that has a very large septic drain field in the front yard. Covers about 1/3rd of the yard. I can't drive my tractor across the field without crushing it. In all other chores, I do prefer the extra weight. Comes in handy for about everything. I just have to mind where I drive it due to the septic field. Same goes if I'm mowing on a customer's property. They have to let me know if there's any shallow underground piping to worry about (septic, sprinkler, etc). Also, if it's muddy and soft, stay off the lawns.

Out in the fields, pastures, corrals, it's "game on" though. I also like the heavy chassis for stability and safety over uneven ground, or when lifting heavy objects with the FEL. I can pick up and carry large round bales or downed trees. Comes in handy when working in snow and ice, or when I have to pull a neighbor out of a mud hole or snow bank.

That being said, the "elephant in the room" with Branson is, they are not going to be made for much longer (if they haven't stopped already). The production is going to be "TYM" now. TYM is going to "support" the Branson product line, but if I were you, I would have a very frank and open discussion with either or both of those Branson dealers, to find out the details of that support.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my Branson tractor, but we do need full disclosure, and walk into that tractor purchase with your eyes open.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #8  
What’s the cost difference between the three?
I’d be leaning Branson for sure, especially if you have a couple good dealers locally.

Mike

Looking to buy my first Kioti tractor for my 26 acre farm. The tasks are bush-hogging 20 acres once per year that includes steep hills, tilling my vegetable garden, 1000 foot gravel driveway maintenance, cutting and hauling wood for winter and just general tractor and loader work.

Subcompact and compact tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate in landscape, kitchen/commercial garden or hobby farm applications on one to ten flat acres.
When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

~~ BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR ~~

CK2610 is too light/narrow/unstable for your topography and tractor applications.

Every tractor producer has at least an economy and deluxe model in the 4,000 pound bare weight category, with a 66" width and 40 to 60 horsepower. These are the mid-weights in the compact tractor category and sell in high unit volumes.

Mowing once per year you will need a heavy duty Rotary Cutter weighing 1,100 to 1,500 pounds and at least 50 engine horsepower to spin it cutting 5' to 7' tall grass and a year's production of brush.

If contemplating a cab tractor, 60 engine horsepower would be better. The cab weighs ~ 700 pounds ~ and the air conditioning requires several horsepower.

rear axle width third

Tractors are inherently unstable operating on sloped ground. Tractor rear wheel/tire spread, sometimes adjustable, is a critical factor increasing compact tractor stability working sloped or uneven ground. A 6" to 10" increase in rear axle width substantially decreases tractor rollover potential. Tractor width is an approximation of rear axle width.

Small tractor wheels drop into holes, disrupting traction. Larger wheels and tires supplied on heavier tractors bridge holes and ruts, increasing traction. Larger wheels and tires permit higher operating speed over uneven ground by reducing implement bounce and operator perturbation.

To apply 60-horsepower to the ground with an open station tractor you will probably want rear tires filled 50% or 75% with liquid to lower tractor center-of-gravity and bolt-on wheel weights.

If you are considering a cab tractor the cab weight substitutes for wheel weights.

With this ballast on the rear wheels you will be able to lift 65% (+/-) of Loader capacity without a Three Point Hitch implement mounted.

~~ BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR ~~

rear axle width third

The property have is 3 acres. Most likely that will not change. There may be opportunity someday to buy the four acres next to me since it's in Trust. But cannot base my decision on that because cuz it's not certain.

I have approximately 1,200 ft of County unmaintained Road which severely needs some TLC. I know I will do good amount of box blade work which is going include a lot of roots. Plus I want to widen it enough so two vehicles can squeeze by it'll be a lot of trees from 4 in or less diameter I will need to remove.

For my own property is mainly keeping up with three acres mowing and digging and taking care of food plots.

I have thought about upping the size of the tractor to Branson 2515R bear tractor weight will be around 3,000 lb with liquid ballast and a front end loader around 4,800 operational weight not counting implement on the back. But it's only 25hp with a claim of 21hp pto. My main concern is I want to use a flail mover will be enough power?
I know that fail mowers that where 60" cut requires min 25hp pto
On the other side would a 2000 lbs bear tractor weight be good enough boxblade work? The cx2510 has a pto hp of 19.3 (claimed) I know it will run 42" flail mower possibly 48" flail mover.

I will discuss a little bit about the elephant in the room. The one dealer I prefer deals with kioti, branson. And because of the acquisition by TYM of Branson. He is also a TYM dealer. Now he told me during the pandemic kioti did better with having parts and much easier to approve warranty work than Branson. He also thinks kioti is better ergonomically. On the flip side he sells more Branson and has to repair them less often than kioti and that they're sturdier. Lastly he did not like tym as well because of all the plastic. Of course he also preface in his opinion

Last edited: