Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #71  
The control modules on these are typical to go out, a recall was just issued on some. Otherwise, they are quite reliable and durable.
What control module and could you elaborate on the recall?

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #72  
The control modules on these are typical to go out, a recall was just issued on some. Otherwise, they are quite reliable and durable.
What control module is that? And what brand and models are you referring to? Do you have a link to a source?

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #73  
   / Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #74  
The Kioti CX2510 weighs around 2300#s and with loader, add probably another 650#s, so all in, it probably weighs around 3,000#s total. You can haul one of these easily on a 14' - 5,000# rated trailer. Mine is a single axle trailer.

I bought a used 2011 model Kioti CK20S with FEL about six years ago with 105 hours on it along with a 6 foot box blade that came with it. I have since cut down that box blade to 49" so it is compatible with the size and power of the Kioti. The CK20S produces 22 HP and 17 HP at the PTO. Doesn't sound too impressive, but it is amazing what it can do. When I was shopping for my compact tractor, I actually built a spread sheet comparing the multiple manufacturers and models in the size category I was looking at (20-26HP). That spreadsheet got pretty extensive.

Tractor weight was a prime metric. I wanted as much cast iron in the axles and drive train as I could get for strength and overall tractor weight, given the compact size of the tractor. It is surprising how light weight many of the compact tractor offerings are being built. How many use softer, lighter alloys in their axle housings and other key parts of the tractor. Not durable for long term heavy use. Weight is your friend for small tractors.

Even though we only have one Kioti dealership in Indiana about 70 miles from me, in the end, I decided on buying the used CK20S with manual transmission over the other models and brands I considered. My reasoning being I intended on performing all the periodic services (fluids, filters, lube) myself as well as some repairs. I knew there would inevitably be repairs required beyond my skill set... but I also knew I had a Bobcat dealership near by me (5 miles away). This same dealership owns several Bobcat dealerships across Indiana and I had experience working with them in renting excavating equipment for working on our forest property on several occasions. Their prices were always fair and their service was always great.

Since the Bobcats are South Korean origin and their compact tractors appeared to be clones of the Kioti (or vice versa), I suspected I could have them perform the complicated repairs that I could not or didn't feel comfortable in doing myself. As it turned out, I now have a "Bobcat" MLS valve ILO of a "Kioti" branded MLS valve. The Bobcat MLS valve was less expensive than what Kioti was selling theirs for. I also had Bobcat replace the cans on the hydraulic cylinders of my upper bucket cylinders that were pitted.... and as of right now, they are repairing my front drive axle.

We own 27 acres of forested land in Southern Indiana and there is barely a flat or even level area on it. However, the Kioti CK20S has never disappointed me to date. It is 48" wide, moves between the forest trees effortlessly and as long as I keep the load in the bucket low and am careful maneuvering on the hill slopes... it has done everything I have asked of it. It has pulled logs out of the woods to my saw mill using my log arch, has powered a 4' Bushhog Heritage mower which allowed us to reclaim 2 acres of long over grown weeds in places that were five feet tall. It lifts logs onto my sawmill. I baby it but I have also pushed it really hard at times (hence the front axle repair).

One important point to remember, whether buying new or used, is to ALWAYS check and verify fluid levels in whatever tractor you are purchasing. I did a complete service on my Kioti immediately after I bought it because I wanted a base line of when all the services were performed on it and when the fluids and filters had been changed. Hydraulic fluid and filter change, fuel filter, engine oil and filter, and the front axle gear oil. Sure enough... the front axle had not been filled from the dealership when purchased. It had just over a quart of break-in gear oil in it when it required just over 3 quarts. I drained and refilled the front axle with the correct amount of gear oil. I now have around 430+ hours on that little beast and I still have no regrets in buying it. The amount of work it has performed in the first 16 hours alone would have taken my wife and I well over a solid month to complete by hand. It has been a great little machine.

/ Kioti cx2510 vs tym264 vs Branson 2610 h #75  
Oh yeah, and I have had zero problems to date sourcing actual Daedong filters and belts from Legacy Tractor (on the internet). Keeping extra oil, fuel, hydraulic and air filters on hand along with the required oils makes servicing the Kioti quick and easy. Did I mention tubes of grease? You can't have enough (I don't think) tubes of grease on hand. All the loader pin zirks on my Kioti get greased after every heavy use. I keep extra tubes of grease on my truck so I can lube the Kioti while I am working it in the woods.