Kioti Broken in Half

/ Kioti Broken in Half #51  
Just because a tractor manufacturer doesn't make the tractors and the loaders in the same plant does not mean the manufactured be it Kubota, John Deere, New Holland, did not design the tractor to have and use a loader.

What exactly you see on a tractor that tells you it was designed to have a loader? They still have the weakest axle and subframe under that loader... Sure, manufacturers offer a loader because there is a demand for it, but still doesn't make it designed to have a loader.

Around here, you really can't buy a tractor off the dealer with the so called "factory" loader on it. It will be aftermarket, and even if it has the sticker saying the manufacturer of the tractor, chances are it will be a Stoll, Quicke loader or any other manufacturer on that specific country.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #54  
The front axle broke on My Hurlimann last year. Loader got under an immovable object ;-)
Suprise and dismay!

$1300 later, It's all better now ;-)

When I built the push frames for both the Fordson E27n and the Kubota B7200, The main members went ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE REAR AXLE!. I had been warned by a fellow I trust. ;-)

Tractors break!

/ Kioti Broken in Half #55  
What exactly you see on a tractor that tells you it was designed to have a loader? They still have the weakest axle and subframe under that loader... Sure, manufacturers offer a loader because there is a demand for it, but still doesn't make it designed to have a loader.

Around here, you really can't buy a tractor off the dealer with the so called "factory" loader on it. It will be aftermarket, and even if it has the sticker saying the manufacturer of the tractor, chances are it will be a Stoll, Quicke loader or any other manufacturer on that specific country.
So I gather you don't have a loader on your tractor then.

Actually, when Kubota, John Deere et al markets a tractor with a loader, (see their respective websites) it is pretty much assured that it is engineered to take a loader. Nobody said tractors were the perfect or ideal loader or even that a loader is the primary function of a tractor, simply that modern compact tractors are engineered i.e. designed to have a loader.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #56  

Wrong. Both JD and Kubota manufacture their own loaders in the US. Are you saying that you don’t have those dealers in your area?

/ Kioti Broken in Half #57  
Lets just get it over with. OF COURSE it was a silly thing to say that SCUTS and CUTS were not designed to have loaders on them. You can bet your last dollar that loaders figured into every part of the engineering of any of these tractors. Having a loader is just about the number one "implement" that any of these tractors have and vast vast vast majority of them have loaders.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #58  
Lets just get it over with. OF COURSE it was a silly thing to say that SCUTS and CUTS were not designed to have loaders on them. You can bet your last dollar that loaders figured into every part of the engineering of any of these tractors. Having a loader is just about the number one "implement" that any of these tractors have and vast vast vast majority of them have loaders.

They were designed to just barely work. They’re far more delicate vs a real loader and ever single major design point is wrong to put a loader on that end. People that own tractors either don’t understand or don’t want to admit it but tractors are a far cry from the durability of construction or industrial equipment.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Broken in Half #59  
The best engineered stuff can still break. CK series is far from 'heavy duty'. IMO that grapple should have been on a DK or a skidder if the guy knew better.

I agree that cumulative vs instant trauma befell whatever actually broke this time. BTDT with JD 2WD spindle, last Sunday's Accord fwd axle's 'spiral' fracture for GF, side-term battery posts. All happened when going over familiar small 'bumps'. Pre-fractures are stained/smooth/dark vs 'sparkly'. I didn't see where that was or wasn't in the pics.

/ Kioti Broken in Half #60  
The best engineered stuff can still break. CK series is far from 'heavy duty'. IMO that grapple should have been on a DK or a skidder if the guy knew better.

I agree that cumulative vs instant trauma befell whatever actually broke this time. BTDT with JD 2WD spindle, last Sunday's Accord fwd axle's 'spiral' fracture for GF, side-term battery posts. All happened when going over familiar small 'bumps'. Pre-fractures are stained/smooth/dark vs 'sparkly'. I didn't see where that was or wasn't in the pics.

The overweight grapple certainly didn’t help but ultimately the frame should be capable of carrying what the loader hydraulics can lift and apparently it can’t.