Just bought a F3060!

/ Just bought a F3060!
I just, priced a 2 foot length of solid core Delrin, 25 bucks delivered from McMaster Carr. Maybe I should go in the wheel business. 135 bucks is highway robbery. Far as the axles go, the issue is, they are square on one end to interface with the square hole in the inboard side of the wheel hanger so I'd have to start with square stock and turn the remainder to the correct diameter. I have the stock on hand, I don't have the Delrin. Probably buy the axles and cut the Delrin to length and bore it to the correct diameter. The Delrin is self lubricating btw.
Man, that’s a great deal. Let me know if you ever decide to make the big rollers too.

/ Just bought a F3060! #42  
Man, that’s a great deal. Let me know if you ever decide to make the big rollers too.
I most likely will. On my big roller there is a grease fitting on the end. No grease fittings on the back ones at all but Delrin is self lubricating itself. Not sure why the rear rollers have a square on the end because a round through rod, cross drilled and cotter pinned will work just fine and exactly what I did to keep the LH back roller on.

/ Just bought a F3060! #43  
Hi all! First post here! I bought a F3060 last night and am working on getting myself more educated on their operation and maintenance. The guy I bought it from owned multiple Kubota machines and seemed to be very knowledgeable about them. He had owned it for a year before buying a newer F series. The original owner was a school system so most of its 1500 hours were racked up mowing around schools.

I have been mowing about 3 acres of hilly grass with a 1974 Cub Cadet 800. It has been a great little tractor, but its relatively narrow chassis and RWD characteristics make it less than ideal on slopes. This F3060 should help me cut more grass faster and safer.

It has a few issues that need addressing in the near future. First, I need to put a seat on it. The current one is usable, but really ragged. I see that Kubota has discontinued the seat. Any good aftermarket sources for seats similar to what's on it? Second, I need to put some rear tires on it as they are pretty bald. Any particular brand of tires better than others for these machines or will any turf tire of the same size work? Lastly, I need to replace the front plastic and headlight assembly. I often mow into the night if I have to do it during the week. Looks like those parts are still available so that shouldn't be too hard.

Here is a photo of it. Let me know what you think and please feel free to share any tips and tricks for these machines. Thanks!
Welcome to the club. I am starting my 2nd full season with the F3060. They are good machines. Mine has about 2500 hours on the clock and seems to be running like a top. Mine on the trailer to bring home:
IMG_2677.jpeg

Concerning the rear axle lube, the differential is separate from the outer gear cases. Draining the outer cases can be a little problematic, if the Allen drain plugs are rounded out. Both of mine were. I used an appropriately sized Torx bit and pounded into the stripped Allen recess on the plug. I was able to get enough purchase for the plug to turn out. I replaced with new plugs.

Concerning the hydraulics for the blade, I am lucky enough to have the hydraulic kit on mine. I have not researched finding a blade for it, but I am pretty sure I am not that lucky to find one. Fortunately our winters are usually not that snowy to need one, but it would be sweet to have one when it does snow.

Enjoy that diesel mower!
Doug

/ Just bought a F3060!
Welcome to the club. I am starting my 2nd full season with the F3060. They are good machines. Mine has about 2500 hours on the clock and seems to be running like a top. Mine on the trailer to bring home:
View attachment 864198
Concerning the rear axle lube, the differential is separate from the outer gear cases. Draining the outer cases can be a little problematic, if the Allen drain plugs are rounded out. Both of mine were. I used an appropriately sized Torx bit and pounded into the stripped Allen recess on the plug. I was able to get enough purchase for the plug to turn out. I replaced with new plugs.

Concerning the hydraulics for the blade, I am lucky enough to have the hydraulic kit on mine. I have not researched finding a blade for it, but I am pretty sure I am not that lucky to find one. Fortunately our winters are usually not that snowy to need one, but it would be sweet to have one when it does snow.

Enjoy that diesel mower!
Doug
Hi Doug! Nice looking 3060! Thanks for the tips on the gear boxes. I plan to tackle those next now that the center section is holding gear oil.

The front hydraulics is one of the things that got me excited about this machine. The attachments aren’t that common, but hopefully I can track down a broom and a blade before next winter. Our house sits at the end of a long private road, which we are planning to repave this summer. That should make it a lot easier to scrape or broom.

/ Just bought a F3060! #45  
I thought of another issue that I had to repair. The steering column structure broke! I guess have many, many, many times getting on and off the machine by yanking on the steering wheel to pull themselves onto the platform, it finally broke. Fortunately the part was available and not ridiculously expensive. It possibly could have been repaired, but I felt I would rather replace it if one was available.
IMG_3319.jpeg

Moral of the story- don't yank on the steering wheel when getting on the machine!

Doug