Just bought a F3060!

/ Just bought a F3060!
Is there a way you can find out when the last time the Super UDT hydraulic fluid was changed?
Seller said it was changed at the end of last mowing season. Has maybe 10 hours on it now. How often do you guys change the oil in the rear end. He said that has not been done since he owned it.

/ Just bought a F3060! #12  
That should be done.
Iirc it's like a 500 hour item and just takes a couple of quarts (+/-). Easy but just make sure you fully drain it. On my old F I think you drain each gear case behind the wheel. (bevel gear)
I'm pretty sure that's going to be the same on you unit.
I was told that they started out as basically a "B" series tractor turned around backwards (for service tips) if you can't find a maintenance manual.

/ Just bought a F3060!
That should be done.
Iirc it's like a 500 hour item and just takes a couple of quarts (+/-). Easy but just make sure you fully drain it. On my old F I think you drain each gear case behind the wheel. (bevel gear)
I'm pretty sure that's going to be the same on you unit.
I was told that they started out as basically a "B" series tractor turned around backwards (for service tips) if you can't find a maintenance manual.
Thanks, Rusty!

/ Just bought a F3060!
I mowed our property today and I was super impressed with the results. The yard looks like a golf course and it probably took me 1/3 of of the usual time!

Only minor issue I found with the tractor was a leaking input seal in the rear end. I’ll keep it topped off until I get a chance to replace the seal. According to a couple of TBN threads, it’s not too difficult to swap out.

Only major issue I had with the tractor was losing traction on some wet moss and sliding over the hill with all four wheels churning in reverse. Thankfully, I was able to dig out the front of the deck and then drive it right out. New rear tires and a rear weight kit may have helped, but I think ultimately it was just too wet to mow that section.

IMG_4957.jpeg
IMG_4979.jpeg
IMG_4980.jpeg
IMG_4981.jpeg

/ Just bought a F3060! #16  
You'll learn it's traction limitations.
It's usually better to find out going up hill and loose traction at the bottom. Anything can go down hill, it's controlling it that makes the difference. (y)
Told ya that you wouldn't need the headlights. ;)

/ Just bought a F3060! #17  
As soon as that turf tread fills with mud you're done. I bury my zero turn several times per season next to my steam bank, mostly because I really dislike using a string trimmer.

/ Just bought a F3060!
You'll learn it's traction limitations.
It's usually better to find out going up hill and loose traction at the bottom. Anything can go down hill, it's controlling it that makes the difference. (y)
Told ya that you wouldn't need the headlights. ;)
Unfortunately, the loose moss and mud filled those turf tires pretty quickly, and then I was toast. The bad thing about our property is most of the steep stuff is above the road and it’s even steeper dropping down to the road. I think I need to landscape that section and just stay the heck away from it. I lost my Cub over the hill there once too 🤦🏼‍♂️

My wife and I were both shocked by how quickly it finished the yard and how it cut it better than the old Cub too. I was sort of sad when it was over because I was really enjoying the mow 😂

/ Just bought a F3060!
As soon as that turf tread fills with mud you're done. I bury my zero turn several times per season next to my steam bank, mostly because I really dislike using a string trimmer.
I was just typing the same thing lol. Those tires turned into slicks on both ends. Thankfully it was a fairly slow slide down the hill so I didn’t tear anything up or eat the steering wheel. I hate trimming those hills too. I try to only do it a few times a season. Makes me want to kill all the grass there and plant some sort of ground cover.

/ Just bought a F3060! #20  
Mowing grass after sunset is an exercise in wadding up damp grass under the deck and depositing clumps in the yard, something I never do because the wadded up grass under the deck promotes corrosion, robs power from the motor and generally makes a mess. Far as I'm concerned, putting lights on any mower is nothing but inane.

Just bought an F2880 with a 72" 3 blade deck used from my Kubota dealer. I'd have like to buy a new one, just cannot afford the 'price of admission' and the JD front mount machines are even more expensive.

Far as seats go, there are many options available, Kubota or aftermarket including air ride bases. If I was to buy a new seat, I'd buy aftermarket from a company like Michigan Seat or K&M. OEM Kubota OEM seats are way overpriced in my view. For a new seat and air ride base, aftermarket, expect to pay around 800 - 1000 for it where a Kubota standard (sweaty butt vinyl seat with no air ride) will be almost as much.

If it was me, I'd buy an aftermarket Cordura seat. Cordura is comfortable on your butt and is very weather resistant. Rural King sells them and they are reasonable as well.

Traded in a 2 oar zero turn and I won't miss it. No more oars and no more punishing ride either.