Junk weed Wacker.

/ Junk weed Wacker.
You remind me why we go with good tools the 1st time! :p
Yep a lot of new tools and equipment I buy are usually at least one step up from consumer homeowner grade qaulity. Lesson relearned 😂. I'll never waste my time with troybilt again trying to save a few bucks.

/ Junk weed Wacker.
My 11 year old son talked me into going electric, Greenworks Pro, for my trimmer... It was a great choice. Runs forever, and always runs... No gas, no oil, just zips along
Was very close to buying a DeWalt 20 volt Weed Wacker. But I already have a pretty effective way of storing premix up there for my two chainsaws as I make a cord or so of wood every year.

Last edited:
   / Junk weed Wacker. #13  
I have a Husqvarna straight shaft with blade for the general / heavy work, an Echo trimmer with string or plastic prongs for the finesse work, and a small Stihl chainsaw for the big stuff. 20+ years for most

I see the cheap stuff at the landfill, in perfect, non-running condition

/ Junk weed Wacker. #14  
I would have to look for the model number, but I bought a pretty used Echo gas trimmer at an auction and have run it about 10+ years. No idea how old it really is.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #15  
I've got a Troy Bilt I've just not bothered throwing away yet; I purchased it new, it never seemed to work well from the start. Eventually it wouldn't pull start, and I picked up the electric starter, and eventually that wouldn't start it. Took it to a certified repair shop, and had them mess with it. Got another month out of it before it quit again, and now I'm done.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #18  
surprised your dealer didn't run into those problems before they let you out the door.
Only my personal pref. as I tend to stick to Stihl but my dealer always tests the stuff before they let it go out the door.

I too would have taken it back and at minimum asked them to put it through their shop for repairs or tune / or like your choice choosen another model.

/ Junk weed Wacker.
surprised your dealer didn't run into those problems before they let you out the door.
Only my personal pref. as I tend to stick to Stihl but my dealer always tests the stuff before they let it go out the door.

I too would have taken it back and at minimum asked them to put it through their shop for repairs or tune / or like your choice choosen another model.
If your talking to me? By the time I spent on hold over the phone with troy bilt, attempted to tune the carb to get the top-end of the power band to work, unsuccessfully attempted to make it idle, during that time unraveling all the string in the super cheap bump feeder I had enough and wanted no part of this POS ever again. Another thing Im learning if starting instructions are so in depth requiring adjusting choke, priming several times, and pulling the chord a specific number than repeat with different level of choke, primes, and pulls it's not worth it, no matter how cheap.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #20  
Troy Built doesn't make anything good anymore, its cheap big box store junk now for the most part. Good move on the Echo, it should last you a long time. If it starts to spit oil out of the exhaust try running 50:1 instead of 40:1, I noticed several years ago my newer small 2 stroke stuff likes to run on 50:1 or less. I've actually been running 80:1 for a few years now with Amsoil.