Junk weed Wacker.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Recent b-day present got a troy bilt 25cc straight shaft to replace two very cheap junk curved shaft weed eaters at my cabin after much internal debate and a good experience with an older TB back pack blower, went cheap and decided on a troybilt two stroke as it would only be used it 6-12 times a year. Anxiously put it together briefly read over some of the instructions fueled it up with 40-1, and proceeded to test it before I hauled it 500 miles to its new home in the UP.
Initially wouldn't idle right and the top end was bogging down. Called the troybilt number on box put on hold for an hour. Frustrated said f-it grabbed my "Pac-Man" carb adjustment screwdriver and proceeded to adjust the carb. Got rid of top-end bog attempted to lower idle, even at lower rpm the trimmer head won't stop spinning til the point of it stalling. Set it down kind of idling bump feeder engaged proceeded to feed all the string cause the head kept spinning. Four letter word frustrated now I put the pos in its ripped up box emptied the fuel tank and returned. Fortunately the manager understood my frustration as it was only a day old. Exchanged it for an echo 225 straight shaft paid the difference. Tested it, Made my day and it's a completely different level of qaulity, worth the extra cash I paid. What a difference. Same level of qaulity as a more professional qaulity frequently used Husqvarna I use on my homestead.
Maybe it was a freak incident bottom line reputable company lawn care equipment with roots in the professional lawn care industry is worth it even if it's not considered a true commercial piece of equipment. Rant and praise is over.

Attachments

• KIMG1919.JPG
    KIMG1919.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
   / Junk weed Wacker. #2  
Professional model Stihl FS85 trimmer and Shindaiwa B45 brush cutter have worked very well for me, both about 25 years old.

They were not cheap to buy at the time, but will be the lowest cost in the long run.

Last edited:
   / Junk weed Wacker. #3  
Recent b-day present got a troy bilt 25cc straight shaft to replace two very cheap junk curved shaft weed eaters at my cabin after much internal debate and a good experience with an older TB back pack blower, went cheap and decided on a troybilt two stroke as it would only be used it 6-12 times a year. Anxiously put it together briefly read over some of the instructions fueled it up with 40-1, and proceeded to test it before I hauled it 500 miles to its new home in the UP.
Initially wouldn't idle right and the top end was bogging down. Called the troybilt number on box put on hold for an hour. Frustrated said f-it grabbed my "Pac-Man" carb adjustment screwdriver and proceeded to adjust the carb. Got rid of top-end bog attempted to lower idle, even at lower rpm the trimmer head won't stop spinning til the point of it stalling. Set it down kind of idling bump feeder engaged proceeded to feed all the string cause the head kept spinning. Four letter word frustrated now I put the pos in its ripped up box emptied the fuel tank and returned. Fortunately the manager understood my frustration as it was only a day old. Exchanged it for an echo 225 straight shaft paid the difference. Tested it, Made my day and it's a completely different level of qaulity, worth the extra cash I paid. What a difference. Same level of qaulity as a more professional qaulity frequently used Husqvarna I use on my homestead.
Maybe it was a freak incident bottom line reputable company lawn care equipment with roots in the professional lawn care industry is worth it even if it's not considered a true commercial piece of equipment. Rant and praise is over.
How much was the 225 and where is it made?

/ Junk weed Wacker. #5  
We had a Troy Bilt roto tiller when I was a kid. Did acres and acres of garden every year.
When I got rid of it the tines were only knubs. The replacements were expensive enough that I wasn't going to spend that kind of money on an old machine. I traded it towards a new one. Got the top of the line Big Red.
Without getting into expletives, I will never buy Troy Bilt again.

/ Junk weed Wacker.
Yep $229. Assembled in USA. 2year commercial, 5 year homeowner warranty. Comes with .095 can use upto .105 string in it. I haven't found anything bad about it yet. Plus simple string replacement my wife and kids can replace string when it needs it, time will tell how well it will hold up but I'm pretty confident it will be trouble free and last more than a few years.

/ Junk weed Wacker. #10  
My 11 year old son talked me into going electric, Greenworks Pro, for my trimmer... It was a great choice. Runs forever, and always runs... No gas, no oil, just zips along