Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far

/ Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far #1  

Wakey

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
Here are 2 heads that are spraying too far. Basically they are wetting my patio furniture. I need to adjust both to spray about 1 or 2 feet less.

Is there a tool I can purchase?

One of the heads has something slotted on the riser, what is that?

I asked at my home improvement store and they had no idea..

Attachments

• image-3564685267.jpg
    image-3564685267.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1344235273.jpg
    image-1344235273.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1069366181.jpg
    image-1069366181.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 71
   / Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far #2  
I believe you can adjust the coverage by using a small screwdriver on the screw on top. Hope this helps you.

/ Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far #3  
Drive the screw down to widen and shorten the spray. That give limited adjustment, just for tweaking. If greater adjustment is needed, you can swap to a different nozzle and spray pattern. There are dozens of options for that. The green part at the top is the nozzle, and will unscrew from the riser. Just pop it up , unscrew, and then replace with the desired pattern. Easy peasy.

/ Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far
Thanks for the replies..

Even in these pics that are cropped I can't see any slots for a screwdriver..

I'll go take a closeup and see if that helps me see more clearly haha

/ Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far #5  
S219 has it; that is a tiny diameter screw in the top-center of the head. It should make the adjustment you need. They are for making small adjustments; otherwise you have to get a different size spray head(ie they make them in ~2-4' increments).

The only one that is hard to adjust is the 360 degree heads, but only because it means you'll get wet while adjusting them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hediV4JOfxM

/ Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far #6  
First , thats not a rotor head ,its a spray head with a mp rotor nozzle in it . They are a pain to reduce the distance , the screw is so small . You have a couple options , replace the nozzle with a rainbird VAN 15 ft nozzle which allows you to adjust the radius and the distance , or pitch the head at an down angle , reducing the distance . The 1 or 2 feet you are looking to reduce by , its easier to pitch the head down. Now water pressure can go up and down so the adjustments wont be perfect .

Been in irrigation business since 1981 .

/ Irrigation question.. Rotor head spraying too far
I was able to adjust all 3 heads in the garden area.

You'll laugh.. Started doing quarter turns but after walking back and forth to turn on/shut off the zone too many times, I maned up and adjusted it "hot" lol

Thanks for the help, it's perfect now.