Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #81  
I was out of the office last week some with meetings and traveling. I plan to check this forum and respond as often as my other duties allow. Please give me the benefit of the doubt that we'll get answers to questions and not immediately assume the worst.

Our CEO owns a 37S and and a 74PSC and his family farm is over 12,000 row crop acres in this and surrounding counties. He's familiar with farm equipment. His father (former CEO) owns 3 RK55s that operate on his several farms across the country. The leadership at RK "eats what they cook" when it comes to product. Heck, I've never even seen Alex in anything but blue jeans and boots.

We met with the top leadership at TYM last week (part of why I was out) and brought up the unlevel loader issue. I'm sure you all understand there is a lot that goes into a fix like this, it isn't something that can be fixed overnight. It is a big deal though and we are working on it.

I don't see how some of this stuff makes it out the factory if the manufacturer has decent quality controls in place. I know it isn't just TYM that has problems. If it is the cylinders then the manufacturer must not take random samples for quality control. If it isn't the cylinders then someone hasn't welded a bracket in the correct location. Stuff like this makes me wonder what else was missed in the design/testing phases.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #82  
I don't see how some of this stuff makes it out the factory if the manufacturer has decent quality controls in place. I know it isn't just TYM that has problems. If it is the cylinders then the manufacturer must not take random samples for quality control. If it isn't the cylinders then someone hasn't welded a bracket in the correct location. Stuff like this makes me wonder what else was missed in the design/testing phases.

Most of the times, the loaders or backhoes for that matter, are not made by the tractor manufacturer. Most cases is Ansung but I don't know what TYM uses for sure.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #83  
Maybe a little OT, but that reminded me of one time last year, I was out riding my motorcycle and I stopped to get some gas. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me looking at my bike (it's a BMW R1200GS), and we start talking and he says hes had lots of Harleys, but he's never tried one of those "off brands". I kind of LOL'ed a little, and just went on my way.

I just got my first tractor yesterday-an RK24. I don't have anything to compare it to other than garden tractors, but everything looks and feels very solid, and the tractor guy at my store did a really good job and had answers for all of my questions. I guess only time will tell, but so far I haven't heard much buyer's remorse from many people.

Hmmm... Gravelys and an RK24. Who would stoop so low as to own such things?

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #85  

Tractors are not shipped with loaders, those are installed at the assembly plant in the US. Not sure when the cylinders are installed on the loader. But the loader is most likely made at a separate facility than the tractor is. A couple improperly trained techs can cause a lot of issues.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #86  
"So lets talk about service" - Brianevans
About a month ago I considered buying RK55 in Rural King near Washington PA. Talking with the guys in the store repair shop did not sway me one way or the other. But here is what did.
Around the same time, I bought a Stihl blower from the same store.
First day on the job site the blower would not start. Brought it back to the store and they said that it will be repaired within a day or two and I will get a call.
Two weeks later, no call. I went to the store and a person at the Stihl stand told me that their repair man sad there was nothing wrong with the blower. They adjusted carburetor and it is better than new now.
I tried to start the blower right there and it would not start. I asked for replacement. The person called front desk and I hear the front desk is telling her that they would have to try to repair it gain. I go to the front desk requesting replacement. The manager came and said that repair guys claimed that I flooded the carb on the blower, but they fixed it. OK, but here it does not start again and I did not even take it out of the store.
After a long, senseless, argument they did replaced the blower.
So, will I take a chance on $32,000 tractor when the store can not handle a $300 blower? I think I will go with a real dealer.

Last edited:
   / Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #87  
I don't think that Brian dude been around for some time.
And yea I'd think twice too if I were you..

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #88  
I don't think that Brian dude been around for some time.
And yea I'd think twice too if I were you..

RK tractors appear to be a lot of bang for the buck!
Lowest pricing in the tractor marketplace!
The problem would seem to be that over time, RK tractor support may be iffy.
I am reminded of Cabella's tractors,..... and specifically, where Cabella tractor support is today..... nonexistent!

Last edited:
   / Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #89  
Bump

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #90  
Last seen Oct 2020 in the profile