Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #22  
I have mine through State Farm, $30K coverage. Costs $350 a year..... $500 deductible.
I went with State Farm for my truck. The "lizard" has been raising rates every year for the last three years for no reason. Except maybe I turned 70. State Farm cut my premium in half for the same coverage. Actually, it's less than half.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #23  
I’m a homeowner with a tractor, skidsteer, commercial zero turn, and related attachments. Original cost all together of roughly $70k. I have never separately insured them.

In the 23 years of owning equipment, I’ve never had an issue where I would have needed insurance coverage for them. I’ve never worried about not having coverage.

My vote is for the OP is also to self insure. Obviously it’s all based on personal opinion/desires.
All well and good until you have a fire, and it takes that $70k and more to replace. But with a name like Seville, you must be rich. :ROFLMAO:

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #24  
I went with State Farm for my truck. The "lizard" has been raising rates every year for the last three years for no reason. Except maybe I turned 70. State Farm cut my premium in half for the same coverage. Actually, it's less than half.
I've had progressive for most of my life. My wife had State farm when we got married so we switched to them for a few years. Then she had a wreck and we had to actually use the insurance. What a pain in the rear. Every body shop we talked to had the same opinion of State Farm. We immediately switched back to progressive. We've had a few claims since and have had no issues working with Progressive.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #25  
I've never had a claim. I hit a guy coming out of a parking lot between cars, but his insurance paid for a paint job on my bumper cover. I remember being sick about it since it was a brand new 1990 Toyota Celica. I had it for less than a month. They had to tow his car away because I hit him right on the left front wheel and broke the undercarriage. It fell right to the ground. The last ticket I had was in the 80s. Bad speedo because I just bought new tires that were a bit larger on a Caprice. :rolleyes:

I used to race Karts. I never felt the need to race on the streets.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #26  
My "homeowners" is written as a farm policy. This was done as my home is 3 miles from the farm and my personal tractors do travel the road while I'm doing snow removal and driveway work, then I also road them over to the farm. Where they can and will be used at the various locations and by various people. My tractors are covered with the liability portion and also the comprehensive portion.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #27  
SAY WHAT?
I'm in Canuckistan where our insurance rates are way more than the states and I pay way less than what you quote.
For my entire property, House $800K, Barn$350, liability, chemical cleanup, personal injury... my deductible is $1k and entire policy is $1400. Canuckistan dollars even.
To save a few bucks I considered taking my herd (2 much newer Massey 563s and a GC2310) off the policy. The agent said it would only reduce my policy about $60.
Somebody's getting gouged.
Not way more than than California! I pay over $5k annually for similar coverage you have and only two companies offer any coverage at all.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #28  
In Coultlerville you are lucky you have two to choose from.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #29  
I think if you’re now an insurance agent, asking here, where to buy insurance, you should reconsider your current occupation.

/ Insurance for a $7,000 tractor - standalone policy #30  
My vote is for the OP is also to self insure. Obviously it’s all based on personal opinion/desires.
It's a nice-looking tractor.

But it lacks a FEL and may be gasoline powered.

Unless he's worried about something damaging the tractor I'm with seville009 and would go self-insured as it's not likely IMHO to be stolen.