Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
My auto insurance went up almost 20% this year. Until recently it's been the most reasonable I can find although I'm not sure what would happen if I ever had a claim. It's the same commercial policy I've had since I was self employed 20 years ago, and my tractor is also on it.

I just did an online quote for the truck only with Geico, which came up with a very reasonable price; less than my liability costs now. Yet there were no details such as maximums, deductibles or other minor details. To find out, you need to apply for a policy.
Call me old, but it's so much easier to deal with an agent who knows all of that stuff and hopefully is trying to get the best prices. I am seriously considering dropping the collision and comprehensive, and only paying for liability.

Last edited:
   / Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #2  
Well everything else has gone up too...

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #3  
the very reason I only deal with an independent agent. He can sell policies from many companies. unlike a captive agent that can only sell one brand.
If my policy were to increase on my current insurance, he will shop me with one of the many other companies he represents . That way, I don't have to shop around every other yr for cheaper rates. Of course he can't shop those brands captive agents sell, but as many as he represents, If he can't lower my rate, I doubt a captive agent can

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #4  
My auto insurance went up almost 20% this year. Until recently it's been the most reasonable I can find although I'm not sure what would happen if I ever had a claim. It's the same commercial policy I've had since I was self employed 20 years ago, and my tractor is also on it.

I just did an online quote for the truck only with Geico, which came up with a very reasonable price; less than my liability costs now. Yet there were no details such as maximums, deductibles or other minor details. To find out, you need to apply for a policy.
Call me old, but it's so much easier to deal with an agent who knows all of that stuff and hopefully is trying to get the best prices. I am seriously considering dropping the collision and comprehensive, and only paying for liability.
Mine went up this year, but I attribute most of that to having bought a newer vehicle. All I carry is liability and medical payments...most of my vehicles are too old to be bothered with collision, though my "new" one is a 2019 so I'm considering it for at least a couple years.
Dunno about you, but my rates dropped for a couple years when there was less driving due to covid restrictions. Some of that increase could just be things returning to normal.

My home insurance also went up 20% of so this year. As Peter 315 noted, everything is going up.

the very reason I only deal with an independent agent. He can sell policies from many companies. unlike a captive agent that can only sell one brand.
If my policy were to increase on my current insurance, he will shop me with one of the many other companies he represents . That way, I don't have to shop around every other yr for cheaper rates. Of course he can't shop those brands captive agents sell, but as many as he represents, If he can't lower my rate, I doubt a captive agent can
I have never had a good experience with an independent agent, and several bad ones. Most of the companies they deal with seem to be relatively small, obscure ones, with lousy customer service. Had one case where I made a claim, it was approved but the company dragged their feet about paying up. Agent kept saying "the check is in the mail", tried calling the company myself but was told they only dealt with agents. Took months to get my settlement. Must've been the post office's fault, after all the check had been mailed. 🤬 The small amount saved was more than offset by the hassle and poor service.

Nope. Never again.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #5  
All of the companies that I've dealt with in the last 20 years let you do an online quote that provides all the details regarding limits, deductible, etc. Otherwise they can't quote it.

Don't know if you're eligible to join or already an AARP member, but they have a relationship with The Hartford Insurance. It saved us a lot of money a couple years ago. Our premiums did go up last year, but so did every other company in the state. You can call them or do a complete quote online. Be sure to mention the AARP thing if you contact them.

I also know for a fact that Liberty Mutual's site lets you do a quote and select all your limits online. I was glad to quit them a while back because I hated paying for their stupid commercials.

I don't agree with most of AARP's politics, but I joined when I was at the optometrist and the optician noticed my obvious sticker-shock when she said my new glasses would cost over $600. She said they offered a 30% discount to AARP members. No brainer!! I whipped out my phone and signed up right there. I think the membership was about $12 per year with another discount if you signed up for 3 years.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #6  
Ours just went up too, thanks to flooding, cost of repairs, and uninsured motorist.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #7  
Ours is up 2 years in a row, due to flooding, and from what they told me the increase in materials for both car and home repairs.
Another squeeze on our finances. But going cheap years ago taught me a lesson in the fights I had to do on claims.
Liberty had someone call me, we talked, they approved the claim, no long winded multiple extra forms or long waits.
but the increases are really wearing me down.

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #8  
I had Geico, Progressive, and several other "discount" companies for some years. Switched to State Farm for vehicles/RV/house and never looked back. Cheaper or similar rates, outstanding customer service, and they've paid out several claims immediately and with no fuss or attempts to weasel out of paying.

My only gripe is they won't provide tractor polices in my case because I bought my tractors used private party some years ago and don't have invoices or bills of sale -they tell me I can't prove ownership which is absurd I've owned them for years

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #9  
I had Geico, Progressive, and several other "discount" companies for some years. Switched to State Farm for vehicles/RV/house and never looked back. Cheaper or similar rates, outstanding customer service, and they've paid out several claims immediately and with no fuss or attempts to weasel out of paying.

My only gripe is they won't provide tractor polices in my case because I bought my tractors used private party some years ago and don't have invoices or bills of sale -they tell me I can't prove ownership which is absurd I've owned them for years
easy, Just have someone you know write you a BOS

/ Geico, and/orOnline insurance quotes #10  
I have never had a good experience with an independent agent, and several bad ones. Most of the companies they deal with seem to be relatively small, obscure ones, with lousy customer service. Had one case where I made a claim, it was approved but the company dragged their feet about paying up. Agent kept saying "the check is in the mail", tried calling the company myself but was told they only dealt with agents. Took months to get my settlement. Must've been the post office's fault, after all the check had been mailed. 🤬 The small amount saved was more than offset by the hassle and poor service.

Nope. Never again.
Well, the one I deal with actually owns the company. He represents Liberty Mutual , Progressive, Travelers, Safeco, Met life, Allstate, just to name a few.
I don't really consider those ''small companies''.
I have Travelers myself and couldn't be more pleased with claims I've had

To each his own I guess !

Last edited: