Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #1  

Root Cause

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
My homeowner's insurance agent has been exceptionally slow to respond to my inquiries so I have been looking for another company to provide a standalone quote for my new tractor.
I have connected with the major companies with no luck. I am in NC if that helps.
I am not a business owner, it is just a hobby tractor.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #2  
I just switched from KTAC to Travelers (USAA partnered) and am very pleased, cost about 1/2 and they are quick to respond to my questions via phone or email.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #3  
My homeowner's insurance agent has been exceptionally slow to respond to my inquiries so I have been looking for another company to provide a standalone quote for my new tractor.
I have connected with the major companies with no luck. I am in NC if that helps.
I am not a business owner, it is just a hobby tractor.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
An Inland Marine policy if you want a stand alone tractor policy.
Virtually all agents can sell them.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #4  
I purchased insurance (fire, theft, ect) just 8 weeks ago for my Yanmar thru State Farm at $79 a year and had it added to the umbrella policy also. No problem at all,

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #5  
What type of coverage are you looking for? An inland policy is affordable but only covers losses to the tractor. If you are out in the road at all, plowing snow or just walking it down the road to the gas station you should also have some type of liability insurance.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #6  
I purchased insurance (fire, theft, ect) just 8 weeks ago for my Yanmar thru State Farm at $79 a year and had it added to the umbrella policy also. No problem at all,

That's pretty good. Not knowing any better I just purchased a year from KTAC for my BX2380 for $155. Which I didn't think was horrible. Fire, theft, & physical damage pretty much.
I just paid the tractor off 3 years early so that cancelled the KTAC policy that was in effect during the loan. I had a certain window of time to act to keep KTAC. But when I questioned whether they'd cover the LA344 loader that's on the tractor in the event of damage they said no. Even though it was dealer installed before delivery. I think because the loader was not on the loan paperwork as I paid for it up front and didn't roll it into the loan they wouldn't cover it.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #7  
That's pretty good. Not knowing any better I just purchased a year from KTAC for my BX2380 for $155. Which I didn't think was horrible. Fire, theft, & physical damage pretty much.
I just paid the tractor off 3 years early so that cancelled the KTAC policy that was in effect during the loan. I had a certain window of time to act to keep KTAC. But when I questioned whether they'd cover the LA344 loader that's on the tractor in the event of damage they said no. Even though it was dealer installed before delivery. I think because the loader was not on the loan paperwork as I paid for it up front and didn't roll it into the loan they wouldn't cover it.
On my setup they refused to cover the box scraper (didn't care) I purchased as a package because it did not have a serial # but the loader was considered a permanent part.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #8  
On my setup they refused to cover the box scraper (didn't care) I purchased as a package because it did not have a serial # but the loader was considered a permanent part.

Just out of curiosity I sent them an inquiry via the website to ask why they won't cover a dealer installed, serial numbered Kubota accessory. We'll see what they have to say.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #9  
My Farm Bureu agent wrote me an inland marine policy on my 4720 for about $200 a year in NC.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #10  
We have USAA Homeowners and they cover my B7800 for up to $10,000 with no additional cost. That’s probably about the value of a 17 year old bare 7800. That amount does not include the attachments (Loader, BB, etc) but those items are covered under the general property loss and theft for full replacement value.