Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745

/ Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745 #1  

JackDaniels1982

Tractor
Zetor 7745
Hi Everyone!

I was hoping someone here had some insight on how a front end loader was installed on the 7711 or 7745 tractors. Specifically I have two questions:

hydraulically - Where does it get it's fluid from? Where does the fluid return to? I tried grabbing fluid upstream of the filter, however it appears it generates absolutely no pressure there (only enough to shoot it and make a mess of the interior apparently). :oops: I could tie into the rear remotes - however then I lose those or have to install another valve and have to have that locked in the correct position. Am I missing something? I have thought about removing the top cover to really see inside, but I thought I would ask before I spent any more time re-inventing the wheel. And then where does it return to? In the manual it shows the rear remotes as having a "case drain" - zero restriction return on a quick attach, however mine doesn't have that. I wonder if it was removed, and if so if it is plumbed in 180 degrees from the filter output line?

Secondly - how is it supported? There are lots of bolts in the frame/engine in front of the cab. Are these sufficient - or should it/ does it need to be tied to the rear axle. I will try to take a couple pictures to illustrate the questions better. Thank you for anyone who can help

/ Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745 #2  
You should have free return on the filter housing on top of the lift cover, do you have three hydraulic couplings on the rear?

Normally the loader frame goes back to the rear of the tractor.

/ Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745
You should have free return on the filter housing on top of the lift cover, do you have three hydraulic couplings on the rear?

Normally the loader frame goes back to the rear of the tractor.
Thanks for the reply so quick! No - I only have 2 couplings at the rear. I believe that free return had a nut with a ball bearing in it (I assume some clever mechanics trick to seal it). I'm going to try to upload a picture of the filter housing that I think you are talking about

Here is what I can see from the hydrauilcs and what I they all do. The only one I don't know about for sure is the red one - "Return to tank" - as it wasn't hooked up. You can shine a light through it and it goes straight through to the green line that goes to the hydraulic filter via a solid steel line. I put a gauge on it (up to 3000 psi) and plugged the other end and it didn't move off zero.

I also attached what the current bracket looks like - which I believe is strong enough in itself - but I didn't know if the tractor was strong enough at just those 2 points. I'm leaning towards taking it right to the back of the tractor. It needs to be re-configured anyway as when the wheels articulate at full steering either way they hit the brackets. The loader is rated for 4000 lbs lift at 0-10 ft high.

Attachments

• loader bracket.jpg
    loader bracket.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Zetor Hydrauilcs.jpg
    Zetor Hydrauilcs.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 273
   / Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745 #5  
That hose marked in red goes?

Currently the red hose I have a gauge on for diagnostics. Since I know it is tied directly in to the filter line (I can see light straight through) - I blocked the filter end and checked for pressure. My thought was that is the one that is supposed to be the return to tank, so I was going to plumb a quick attach end on it. When I got the tractor/ up until yesterday it was just capped.

Here is a picture of the "red" port with the hose on it. More than $50 CDN for that one hydraulic line! I should have mentioned before the purple one is welded shut as the hydraulic guy didn't have any better way to seal it.
My lift cylinders settle (faster when there is weight on them). At 500 kg they cycle twice per second (down 1 cm -> back up and repeat). The external lift cylinder leaked, despite new seals so I tried bypassing it to help. I'm thinking I'm going to pull the cover and likely end up replacing the lift cylinder.

If no-one can point me in a better direction I'm thinking I might have to use the rear remote (s) to feed the loader - and just add a conventional hydraulic control for the "remotes".

I was hoping there would be some "plugged" hydraulic connection for running loaders or similar.

Attachments

• zetor transmission.jpg
    zetor transmission.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 231
   / Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745 #8  
You need a service manual!

Here is how and what you need to properly hook up the loader valve hydraulically to the tractor. The first page is for hydraulic pumps in the transmission case and the second page is for the externally mounted pumps on the engine.

PXL_20211020_021137274.jpg
PXL_20211020_021146348.jpg

I think I really do need one of those manuals! It would have saved me so much time up to this point already!

Thank you for taking the time to dig up that fantastic information ZetorSteve - it is exactly what I was looking for! It even has the warning for the push bars right on that page + the part numbers and everything.

/ Installing a loader on a Zetor 7745 #10  
I think I really do need one of those manuals! It would have saved me so much time up to this point already!

Thank you for taking the time to dig up that fantastic information ZetorSteve - it is exactly what I was looking for! It even has the warning for the push bars right on that page + the part numbers and everything.

You're welcome!