Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof
@Hay Dude I do 3d printing and design, if you really want something that's clean, we can make your something for a fee, if its important to you, it would be plastic, not sure if it would help
You mean to repair, or cover the damaged area/holes?

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #42  
i could make a hockey puck with holes etc, its kind of whatever you want to do. pm if interested.

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof
I think I’m going to glue down a 7” painted disc in the recessed are and just seal it up that way, then stick a magnetic strobe on top.

I kind of waiting to see what the strobe I ordered looks like first-just to make sure it fits correct.

I thought you meant to repair the area out at the edge of the roof where the crack & holes are…

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #44  
sounds good, good luck

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #45  
HayjDude you could just put a bolt in the
bottom so you could push it up or down and
if you forget going into the shed it would not
hurt it a bit just push it down. Just a thought

willy

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #46  
I read through responses quickly, and did NOT see this one, so my suggestion would be to glue 'complimentary magnets' to BOTH the Roof and the Light _ quite possibly several smaller ones if easier for you to find _ with the magnetic poles the right way, they will SELF CENTER if ever get hit, and once you find the proper strength it will be obvious that it is the way to go!!

Good luck, I hope this makes as much sense as it does while I write it in the early morning here.. Ha!!

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #47  
Why do I keep thinking Starsky and Hutch. :)

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #48  
Nothing like a big ol'self tapper, right through the roof and headliner, poking the driver on the head every time there's a bump on the road and the seat moves up. 🤣

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #49  
My Challenger has a typical plastic roof shell. Previous owner installed a home-brewed light bar bracket. Looks/works fine except one thing: It makes the tractor about 10’-2” high. I am storing it in a barn with a 10’ door opening for snowplowing season. Figures….

View attachment 779248

I removed the strobe light from the light bar and leave light bar in place the tractor is about 9’-10” high, so now it fits, but no strobe for snowplowing. If I stuck strobe directly to roof plastic, it would be about 9’11” high-it’ll just squeak through.

I’d like to fasten the strobe directly to the roof plastic to lower my overall height & retain use of strobe. The strobe, normally bolted, has 2 rubber mounting discs about 3” diameter. I presume they are shock absorbing and also leave an opening for the power wire.

View attachment 779249

I can’t use bolts or drill the roof.

Would large pieces of velcro stuck to the bottom of rubber discs and on top of roof plastic work? I don’t know if velcro adhesive sticks to rubber? It sticks to plastic very well. The power wire could act as a tether if it’s ripped off by a branch.

Or, what would be alternative suggestions would be better to stick directly to roof plastic? Gotta hold pretty good.

View attachment 779247
Do some research on VHB (very high bond) tape. From what I understand, once it’s on and cured (72 hrs I think) it’s forever.

/ Ideas for fastening strobe light to tractor roof #50  
How about to take off air from thoses bigs tires😜😜😜😜
Or demolish this concrete cenent floor to lower it🥴🥴🥴
Or change the door and frame and lift it 2 more feet , ´cause in sime years forwered you eill but a new tractor that will be 12’ feet high🥸🥸🥸🥸
Kidding!!! But a piece of machinery 10’ high. Heum! Indeed, your building does not match tour needs! I had the same problem but I have been able to raise the top structure of the door .All I needed was a couple of inches. Luckey I was. Good luck.