I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #501  
Previous generations considered it a matter of pride to support themselves and reject handouts from the government. They thought it demonstrated strength and independence. What a foreign concept that is to some people today.
So when you do your taxes each year do you not claim any deductions?
Because I would find that hard to believe.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #502  
Isn’t that a quaint notion! I still try to live my life without handouts.

Wonder if those college kids getting their loans paid off realize it’s mostly their parents that end up paying for it, or worse, people who never even got to go to college?
You have a tractor and implements and use them for your living. Do you claim any deductions or tax benefits for your business?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #504  
These people think nothing of getting the 10k handout that's funded in part by their neighbors but would never think of knocking at their neighbors door and asking for the handout but if the distribution of monies is done by the gubmint then all is well.
Do you claim any tax deductions when filling out your tax forms?
Let's not be hypocritical.
I have an ag exemption that I used when buying a tractor, implements, and side by side that allowed me to not pay taxes on those purchases.
My guess the one's complaining about "handouts" for EV's have done the same.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #505  
So when you do your taxes each year do you not claim any deductions?
Because I would find that hard to believe.
I deduct my expenses, but that's a little different than a straight handout, especially when you are looking at (and bragging about) gaining an advantage over your countrymen at their expense.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #506  
It's a business deduction. Your handout the same?

Previous generations considered it a matter of pride to support themselves and reject handouts from the government. They thought it demonstrated strength and independence. What a foreign concept that is to some people today.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #507  
I deduct my expenses, but that's a little different than a straight handout, especially when you are looking (and bragging) about gaining an advantage over your countrymen at their expense.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #508  
You must be right. I'm sure it's all the rest of us that don't understand.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #509  
Perhaps you should recite that to yourself while shaving.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #510  
Perhaps you should recite that to yourself while shaving.
Maybe you should quit being a hypocrite or stop taking handouts (deductions) from the government to prove your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.