I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #511  
Maybe you should quit being a hypocrite or stop taking handouts (deductions) from the government to prove your point?
You don't know what I deduct yet you brag about your handout.
What would you tell the working poor who take 0 deductions about your handout?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #512  
You don't know what I deduct yet you brag about your handout.
What would you tell the working poor who take 0 deductions about your handout?

So tell the audience here; Do you take deductions of any kind or use any type of tax breaks for the equipment you own?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #513  
Maybe you should quit being a hypocrite or stop taking handouts (deductions) from the government to prove your point?
We hear the same sort of justification comments from welfare recipients. Nothing you can say now nullifies the bragging about taking a clear handout, that we pay for, to support China and our own country's green new deal crowd. Sorry bud, it is what it is.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #514  
We hear the same sort of justification comments from welfare recipients. Nothing you can say now nullifies the bragging about taking a clear handout, that we pay for, to support China and our own country's green new deal crowd. Sorry bud, it is what it is.
Sorry bud, your hypocrisy doesn't validate your argument against taking $7500 of tax incentives for purchasing an EV while you use tax incentives for purchasing equipment or lowering your property tax on land.
Just admit you and I are taking advantage of available tax benefits because we would be fools not to.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #515  
People wouldn't buy them, and manufacturers wouldn't build them, if not for vast subsidies and legislation to cram them down on people. Didn't the administration just sign something this week regarding over the road trucking?

We aren't going to take your guns... And we will never do double mastectomies on children... Oh, wait... Yes, yes we will.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #516  
Do you claim any tax deductions when filling out your tax forms?
Let's not be hypocritical.
I have an ag exemption that I used when buying a tractor, implements, and side by side that allowed me to not pay taxes on those purchases.

Tax deductions or state sales tax exemptions for farmers traditionally given for the last 100 years are different than subsidies.
My guess the one's complaining about "handouts" for EV's have done the same.

I’ve never received a subsidy check both in-person for a car that was built by a company that also receives gov. subsidies.

You are bragging about your EV subsidy. Expect pushback.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #517  
Sorry bud, your hypocrisy doesn't validate your argument against taking $7500 of tax incentives for purchasing an EV while you use tax incentives for purchasing equipment or lowering your property tax on land.
Just admit you and I are taking advantage of available tax benefits because we would be fools not to.
You haven't noticed that you're the only one here thinking you have a valid and sensible argument? Time to move on unless you want to keep embarrassing yourself. I'm done with this topic and I'm going back to the issue of EV's and their impact.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #518  
So tell the audience here; Do you take deductions of any kind or use any type of tax breaks for the equipment you own?
None of your business but I certainly don't get a check but answer my second question you avoided

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #519  
Good luck. I've already got my $10K rebate (Fed and state)! 😂

If you need a new car it would be foolish not take advantage of money given to you to buy a car.
You paid more than the car was worth.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #520  
Dollar tree has also revamped their stores to include other than crap products. Some are fresh food markets.

They are still a crap store, IMHO, and as a business, run poorly with baggage from take-overs and aggressive store build outs.

And Rite-Aid? yeah....opioids.

Just saying....neither are indicative of overall economic health.
I purchase three things from Dolkar Tree, reading glasses, sun glasses, 5 pair at a time and greeting cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.