I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #491  
How is an EV a questionable type of propulsion. Elon has proven it works for the past 10 years and it's only getting better.

It’s questionable in many ways. Economically, it benefits our adversaries and kills the American fossil fuel industry. Environmentally, its already proven to be damaging. They are also taxpayer funded. I don’t think that makes EV’s look good. Anything that can’t make it on it’s own looks suspect to me. If it was “so good”, everyone would buy it without subsidies.

I rarely drive my diesel truck because it feels sluggish and antiquated now that I have two EV's.

Most don’t use diesel trucks for racing. I use them for pulling and hauling.

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #492  
Sorry 100-150 pound per dog, 4 right now with 2 more growing but alerting at every intrusion all ready.
Also 2 more wireless doorbells (little dogs)
I hope you have a big house. I had one 220 lb great Dane and that was enough. ;)
Now I enjoy not having to scoop poop or worry where to kennel my dog.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #493  
Where do most of any product you buy come from? Again why do you worry so much?

I try to buy USA made stuff when possible. I worry so much because our country is rapidly going down the drain. I’d like to contribute less to that if possible.
More good news. The Tesla Giga factory in Austin is the biggest employer in Texas!

That’s good, but again EV’s benefit our adversaries and are taxpayer funded.
I’m out.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #494  
I hope you have a big house. I had one 220 lb great Dane and that was enough. ;)
Nope not a big house but they work wonders as predator control and keep the tweakers out (lesson learned the hard way and word spreads). Have not lost anything off my land in a long time.
I guess it helps I have no desire to ever travel again after 20 years on the road most weeks.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #495  
My buddy is an electrician and installs alarm systems and he always says the best alarm system is a DOG.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #496  
Yes.....but now we have scoop your poop on TBN ;)

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #497  
Good luck. I've already got my $10K rebate (Fed and state)! 😂

If you need a new car it would be foolish not take advantage of money given to you to buy a car.
Previous generations considered it a matter of pride to support themselves and reject handouts from the government. They thought it demonstrated strength and independence. What a foreign concept that is to some people today.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #498  
Previous generations considered it a matter of pride to support themselves and reject handouts from the government. They thought it demonstrated strength and independence. What a foreign concept that is to some people today.

Isn’t that a quaint notion! I still try to live my life without handouts.

Wonder if those college kids getting their loans paid off realize it’s mostly their parents that end up paying for it, or worse, people who never even got to go to college?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #499  
Isn’t that a quaint notion! I still try to live my life without handouts.

Wonder if those college kids getting their loans paid off realize it’s mostly their parents that end up paying for it, or worse, people who never even got to go to college?
I think they know it, but have been indoctrinated to feel entitled to it. We have to realize these days that more government is the answer to all our problems. Repeat after me: "BIG GOVERNMENT IS OUR SAVIOUR...BIG GOVERNMENT IS OUR SAVIOUR"

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #500  
These people think nothing of getting the 10k handout that's funded in part by their neighbors but would never think of knocking at their neighbors door and asking for the handout but if the distribution of monies is done by the gubmint then all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.