I hate to see this...

/ I hate to see this... #71  
Did the op quit responding because nobody would agree with his thinking?

Grew up on and still farm. Driving anything starts at age 5. No better way to learn responsibility and respect. Does stuff happen. Sure. Doesn’t matter if you’re 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30………..

/ I hate to see this... #72  
As an actuary for health care, I see what injuries have the most frequency and severity. For kids it's trampoline accidents, followed by organized sports injuries, and then car accidents. You have little johnny avoid those three things, you will eliminate 95% of all risk to little johnny.

Then if you teach little johnny, from a young age, how to be around equipment...little johnny will be ok.

/ I hate to see this... #73  
Maybe dad has plan if something should/might go wrong.

/ I hate to see this... #74  
Did the op quit responding because nobody would agree with his thinking?
Isn't that how it works on all social media sites? If someone posts something and other posters don't align with the OP's post, they never reply? I always maintain that opinions are like butt holes, most of them stink and everyone has one.

/ I hate to see this... #75  
It could be buy since I sold my ZTR, the mid mount units all look the same to me and they ride rough as well. My new F series rides like a Caddilac. None the less, the picture don't bother me one way or another and I would have never posted that on any social media site like people do today anyway. What transpires in a private setting IMO stays private. One problem with people today and that is people just have to post up for all to see, exactly what they do in a private setting. I don't and I won't. You won't find me on Farcebook or Twitter or Instagram either. I have a really high end digital camera and my phone takes pictures as well but those pictures I don't share except with close friends and no one on here are close friends with the exception of a couple, so they don't get posted on any threads and if I do post them it's in a PM.

Far as I'm concerned, social media sites (this one included) have contributed greatly to the downfall of privacy and I will not participate. I'll look at others pictures but I won't post mine. Why I go on YT I go on there, not for the content but for the amusement mostly.
Same here, but I love other people's pics.

There is a black decal close to the kid's left foot that says Kubota.

Last edited:
   / I hate to see this... #77  
I have nothing against Kubota zero turns except they are over priced (like everything else) new and I just bought a Kubota F 2880 front mount diesel mower use and it wasn't cheap either and offed my Cub 60" tank in trade. I cannot stand the ride of a ZTR nor can I stand the oars or the gas guzzling V Twins and it don't matter what the engine brand is either, they are all gas guzzlers and most of them have aluminum blocked V Twins with a life expectancy of around 1500-2000 hours before they need a new motor. My F series with it's cast iron block 3 cylinder Kubota engine should easily see 4000 plus hours with no issues other than regular care. One of my Kubota Ag tractors has 6000# hours on it and other than adjusting the valves and regular maintenance, I've had no issues with it and the same for my other identical tractor with 3500 hours on it.

My wife has a CC ZTR but hers has a steering wheel like my Kubota does and she likes it and I'm good with that. it's a gas guzzler too.

My Kubota came with an air ride seat btw. it's a trade in from the local fair board but was serviced and maintained by my dealer and a new one (Fseries) will set you back in the neighborhood of 25 grand not including accessories and the JD edition is even more.

/ I hate to see this... #78  
Personally I think that picture was only for show (my opinion) if I am wrong and the kid was advance for his age, trained and supervised, I don't see the arm, he could be doing worse things. Maybe that kid has been driving the zero turn on his lap many times before and he was ''ready''... I remember the first time I got behind the wheel of a tractor, it was during the hay season they put the tractor on crawling speed and they made me drive around so they could get a extra pair of hands on the ground to pick up the bales, I don't know how old I was but I know I wasn't heavy enough to push the clutch of that 2N so I wasn't able to stop, someone had to jump on and put it in neutral for me.

/ I hate to see this... #79  
I've put a lot of trust in kids that I know I can.

9D2F0067-6625-4D16-8B91-8956B035ECE2.jpeg