I hate to see this...

/ I hate to see this... #61  
After 21 years as a volunteer fireman, I learned to not care what people let their kids do, it’s not my problem.

I’ve been to the call where the dad backed over his kid and killed him pulling him in a sled in the snow with his truck, I’ve been to the call where the kid fell off the mower riding with dad and got partially ran over, I’ve been to the call with a young boy caught in a threshing machine and not making it, I’ve been to the call of a 16-year-old not wearing their seatbelts getting thrown from the car and the car crushing them , it’s not my problem

/ I hate to see this... #62  
Yeah I had a 12 ga when I was 10 and several .22’s. Was an excellent target shooter and dreamed of joining the Marines. My dad let me drive when I was 12. I knew how to reload about then, too. Also had several mini-bikes and a Suzuki TR-185 by 14.
I still think my parents signing off to let me play football ended up cauing me the most injuries long term.
Sorry H/D... this sounds like "My dog's bigger than your dog" :)
I was driving @ 12, unrestricted driver's license @ 14, holding down a after-school job @ 13 and owned my own car @ 15, bought myself with my $.85/hr job. Yeah, those were back in the years, *50's, when it was legal.
To your credit though, I wasn't allowed to even get on a m/c; too dangerous according to my Mom. Play football? Not a chance!!! "Don't even ask!"

/ I hate to see this... #63  
I was playing in traffic at the age of 9, selling newspapers on street corners at busy intersections in San Diego! The next year Daddy bought a place in Arkansas and gave us a .410/22lr combination gun to clean out the snakes in the pond. A box of .22lr and a single .410 shell. (cost .49 a box versus almost .11 cents each) There were some big snakes in that pond! Got pretty good at it, with Daddy watching closely at first until we proved that we could handle the job. Nowadays, most people wouldn't consider turning a 10 year old loose to go chase down venomous snakes! We didn't have a problem with it, and it made our fishing trips a lot safer once we lowered the snake population! Plus we learned safe gun handling lessons at the same time!
I remember the first time my brother was holding a gun turned around to say something to Daddy. Daddy knocked him upside the head for pointing that gun at him, {dispite the fact that it was empty). Both of us learned a valuable lesson that day. I was younger, but tended to learn by the mistakes of my older brother!
David from jax

/ I hate to see this... #64  
I've got photos of lots of kids sitting on things, they are acting like they are operating.

14CCF618-F407-432C-9CCD-37BFF5B158E1.jpeg

That said, I have seen some very young people that operate machines better than people ten times their age. Just being older doesn't always equal better, smarter or safer.

/ I hate to see this... #66  
It’s a Kubota, put your bifocals on.
It could be buy since I sold my ZTR, the mid mount units all look the same to me and they ride rough as well. My new F series rides like a Caddilac. None the less, the picture don't bother me one way or another and I would have never posted that on any social media site like people do today anyway. What transpires in a private setting IMO stays private. One problem with people today and that is people just have to post up for all to see, exactly what they do in a private setting. I don't and I won't. You won't find me on Farcebook or Twitter or Instagram either. I have a really high end digital camera and my phone takes pictures as well but those pictures I don't share except with close friends and no one on here are close friends with the exception of a couple, so they don't get posted on any threads and if I do post them it's in a PM.

Far as I'm concerned, social media sites (this one included) have contributed greatly to the downfall of privacy and I will not participate. I'll look at others pictures but I won't post mine. Why I go on YT I go on there, not for the content but for the amusement mostly.

/ I hate to see this... #67  
What has my greatest respect isn’t something you are seated and buckled in.

It’s wood chippers… especially the old Chuck and Duck.

We see plenty of kids with concussions or broken bones from bikes a scooters or falling from trees.

/ I hate to see this... #68  
What has my greatest respect isn’t something you are seated and buckled in.

It’s wood chippers… especially the old Chuck and Duck.

We see plenty of kids with concussions or broken bones from bikes a scooters or falling from trees.

Yup; you want to talk about a machine to not be trifled with.

/ I hate to see this... #70  
My grandfathered had tremendous respect for livestock noting several farm kids maimed or killed and his friend died in a buzz saw accident that was belt PTO driven…