I hate to see this...

/ I hate to see this... #81  
Is there any sign that the engine is running on that Zero Turn?

I don't see a cloud of grass coming from it.

So, we have a cute photo op, of a kid that can't even reach the pedal, is that a brake?

/ I hate to see this... #83  
When I was in grade school, my parents gave my brother and I bucksaws and bowsaws to do the firewood. The splitter was an axe or maul.

We did have a gas powered push mower which I used.

/ I hate to see this... #84  
I'm a firm believer in getting kids started early, I'm just not sure some parents use good judgement in doing so, take for example bushhogging on an open station tractor with a kid in your arms, no matter how fast you are your reaction time is probably not fast enough if the kid falls, one child in our farming community was ran over by a disc harrow and he didn't make it, and a friend of mine's brother was riding with his dad on an open station tractor while he was mowing , he fell off and his dad got stopped but not before he lost his right arm, now I realize that we can't live our lives everyday on what might happen but a kid needs a good solid adult to make sound decisions, not the other way around, and lastly some kids catch on quicker than others, as a parent you have to know each of their limitations and proceed in the teaching them about farm machinery accordingly.

/ I hate to see this... #85  
That’s what we did as youngsters except it was on a 90 hp tractor and we were splitting 3’+ pieces. Actually standing where he is was a very bad idea. More than one when split would sling shot off to the side.
I've put a lot of trust in kids that I know I can.

View attachment 864139

/ I hate to see this... #86  
Saw this on my FB feed today. Sure, start them out young, but don't turn a 5 year old loose on a zero turn mower. I'm surprised he weighs enough to activate the seat cut off switch, unless dad bypassed that. These are not toys. Once he's a little older, a little more mature, and can actually reach all the controls, get him some hearing protection and get him mowing.

View attachment 863898
So, what do you make of this one from Facebook?

Footwear.jpg

No seatbelt
No ROPS
Exposed PTO
Improper footwear
I bet that machine has a paucity of safety features.

He does, however, have his Captain America uniform on!!!