Hydraulics

/ Hydraulics #1  

Fornshell

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2240
I have a JD 2240 , Trying to adjust 3 point hitch. Took out 1/2 drive plug by selective control lever. Adjustment screw inside there won't turn, anybody know why this wouldn't turn. Appreciate any answers.

/ Hydraulics #2  
What on the 3 ph are you trying to adjust? And why do you think that "screw" is the adjustment?

Do you get that from the service tech manual, or something else?

/ Hydraulics
The 3 point hitch raises by itself slowly as I am moving along bush hogging. Manual says that is a adjustment for the arms.

/ Hydraulics #4  
When 3 pt hitch raises on it's own does control lever stay where it was last set or does 3pt control handle move rearward? I'll bet control handle moves rearward due to worn friction washers that need more friction/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-06 175741.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 175741.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 76
   / Hydraulics
Lever moves rearward as arms go up.

/ Hydraulics
I'll try some new friction disc and let you know how it does thanks.

/ Hydraulics #7  
Does this model have a flow control knob?

/ Hydraulics
Not that I know of.

/ Hydraulics #9  
Does this model have a flow control knob?
Yes all JD utility tractors with similar design built between '65-'92 has rate of drop[ screw under seat that can limit how fast 3 pt hitch lowers. But IMHO R-O-D screw isn't creating Fornshell's tractors problem.

/ Hydraulics #10  
I'll try some new friction disc and let you know how it does thanks.
Simpler than R&R friction disks why not increase tension on friction disk by adding a shim washer to determine if that will solve your tractors 3 pt control problem?