Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #1  

stump54

Silver Member
Tractor
MF-2607H, MF-1540, MF-GC1710, Ferguson TO20
This was certainly worth the research effort… Besides the hydraulics, I wanted something that would compensate for the Pat’s quick hitch extension, and add a quick-attach to the top. Also, found I can use the inexpensive, locally available, top-link balls by doing a little grinding…

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0967.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0968.jpeg
    IMG_0968.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 90
   / Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #2  
Hmmm......it's great that this works for you. All my 3-point implements are HEAVY. Meaning they can not be "josstled" around to make the top hitch attachment. No matter what I would have there for the top link - mechanical or hydraulic - it DOES require exact alignment.

OR.... am I missing something.

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #3  
No real advantage there that I can see. You still have to get off the tractor to hook it up only now you may have to get off twice. Certainly not an option using a QH.

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #4  
This was certainly worth the research effort… Besides the hydraulics, I wanted something that would compensate for the Pat’s quick hitch extension, and add a quick-attach to the top. Also, found I can use the inexpensive, locally available, top-link balls by doing a little grinding…
They do work nicely, I have a rope attached to mine so I can pull and disconnect while adjusting the top link to release it, then I hold it with the rope and adjust to drop it in place while connecting.
Hmmm......it's great that this works for you. All my 3-point implements are HEAVY. Meaning they can not be "josstled" around to make the top hitch attachment. No matter what I would have there for the top link - mechanical or hydraulic - it DOES require exact alignment.

OR.... am I missing something.
I can extend or retract my top link till it drops right on the ball that is left on the implement from when last used. With the Euro style hooks and the top link with a hook it works much nicer for me than a quick hitch even thinks to be.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #5  
This is a debate that I guess will always be well....a debate. I just don't understand how having to interact with an implement while connecting is "much nicer than a QH thinks to be". Reaching back to pull a rope or string or align something is not an option for me with a cab. Also, with a QH you back into the implement and raise the lift. Maybe adjust the hydraulic toplink. No other interaction or dismounting required unless it's PTO or hydro lines to connect.

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #6  
I really don't get this unrealistic thought that you never have to leave the tractor to hook or unhook an implement that gets spread all over on the internet. Heck, part of owning and operating a tractor is exactly get off the tractor multiple times a day. There is always something to do back there.

You still have to get off the tractor with the QH too. Either to hook up the PTO shaft, hydraulic lines, adjust something on the implement, raise the jackstand of the implement or even move the top hook. All of that while fighting a big frame that just gets in the way and pushes implements further back for no reason.

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #7  
Where did you get the toplink?

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #8  
This is a debate that I guess will always be well....a debate. I just don't understand how having to interact with an implement while connecting is "much nicer than a QH thinks to be". Reaching back to pull a rope or string or align something is not an option for me with a cab. Also, with a QH you back into the implement and raise the lift. Maybe adjust the hydraulic toplink. No other interaction or dismounting required unless it's PTO or hydro lines to connect.
Those that prefer a "quick" hitch are welcome to use them. Myself I dislike them with a passion and find them very difficult to work around. They are always in the way when trying to connect pto shafts and hydraulics, what a head knocker they are connecting drawbar pulled implements.
My tractors are cabbed and I find it quite easy to "pull" on a rope to catch a toplink.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Then on top of that most of my implements have hydraulics to connect and or a pto shaft. Heck I've even been known to connect the pto before I have backed all the way in to connect the lift arms.
If you haven't been around the hook type couplers and all you have used are fixed lift arms or a quick hitch you don't know what you are missing, it's about like a 10 year old boy telling an 18 year old boy that girls are worthless. You don't know what your missing till you have used it.

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #9  
I have euro hooks on the 2 lower points they were very expensive but also very helpful. The top link is hydraulic so it’s fairly easy to hook and unhook. I usually have to get on and off the tractor a couple times in order to get hooked up.
Quick hitch doesn’t work worth crap for my PTO equipment.
Pats quick hitch seems to work good for many folks, I never had any interest in trying one myself.

/ Hydraulic Top Link with Quick Attach Hook #10  
😵‍💫:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You are a hoot.

Those that prefer a "quick" hitch are welcome to use them. Myself I dislike them with a passion and find them very difficult to work around. They are always in the way when trying to connect pto shafts and hydraulics, what a head knocker they are connecting drawbar pulled implements.
My tractors are cabbed and I find it quite easy to "pull" on a rope to catch a toplink.

View attachment 859219

View attachment 859220

View attachment 859221

Then on top of that most of my implements have hydraulics to connect and or a pto shaft. Heck I've even been known to connect the pto before I have backed all the way in to connect the lift arms.
If you haven't been around the hook type couplers and all you have used are fixed lift arms or a quick hitch you don't know what you are missing, it's about like a 10 year old boy telling an 18 year old boy that girls are worthless. You don't know what your missing till you have used it.