Hydraulic pressure testing

/ Hydraulic pressure testing #1  

Haneyman

Tractor
John Deere 3038e
John Deere 3038E with D160 loader, no third function or remotes.
Looking for a hydraulic pressure tester.
Kens bolt on hooks only has for the two series.
Any help appreciated,
Thanks,Mike
1681196314365.png
1681196314365.png

/ Hydraulic pressure testing #2  
I would email Ken, and ask if he can fit one up for you. I think he can, as he has other size hydraulic connects.
If not, buy the gauge (Ken or Amazon), a hydraulic hose and the required fitting at TS, Amazon or local shop, and make one up yourself.

/ Hydraulic pressure testing #3  
If you are looking for loader pressures use the hydraulic quick connects they are the easiest to match when you are building your gauge. I prefer T-ing into the line so I can see pressures as the attachment works. instead of just dead heading the system at the quick connect.

/ Hydraulic pressure testing #4  
If you are looking for loader pressures use the hydraulic quick connects they are the easiest to match when you are building your gauge. I prefer T-ing into the line so I can see pressures as the attachment works. instead of just dead heading the system at the quick connect.
The E model has no quick couplers, the loader isn't quick disconnect. That's why the OP sent the pictures.
I bet the 2 and 3 series tractors have the same size hydraulic lines for the loader.

Using a T and installed permanently, the gauge can also be used as a scale. Just need to associate the displayed pressure with weight.
Don't cheap out on the gauge if permanently installed. If the gauge fails and leaks you're stuck dead.

/ Hydraulic pressure testing #5  
leave it to deere to cheap out on the simplest upgrades. So I guess the loaders are not removable (atleast easily)

kind of hard to identify fittings when they are still attached.

/ Hydraulic pressure testing
Was hoping to find a kit. Surely I’m not the only 3038E owner wanting to add a gauge.
thanks

/ Hydraulic pressure testing #7  
leave it to deere to cheap out on the simplest upgrades. So I guess the loaders are not removable (atleast easily)

kind of hard to identify fittings when they are still attached.
The E stands for "economy" and it is you get what you pay for. Want deluxe, go to the R series. Get to pay for the "extras".
Find a connection where you can put in a "T" and plumb your pressure test gauge in there. Take notes from member Bavarian, he said it well. Have some fun with it. Will be a nice upgrade. It's what I did to my wood splitter, to see the pump pressure when splitting oak firewood.