Hydraulic hose help!

/ Hydraulic hose help! #11  
The problem is the crimped on banjo, especially if it's something metric.

The link I cited to DHH lists metric size banjo fittings...

/ Hydraulic hose help! #12  
Is that a Betstco? Hoses look similar to mine. The Chinese machines use some oddball fittings sometimes. Hose looks the same as mine but the QC side looks different.

As stated, there's a good chance the banjo is a metric or BSPP, possibly even a SAE thread(although I doubt it) which can be replaced with a standard adaptor so you can use JIC or NPT hoses.

/ Hydraulic hose help!
Its from a titan flail mower, so most likely metric as everything in on the Chinese mower has been metric so far.

/ Hydraulic hose help! #14  
Its from a titan flail mower, so most likely metric as everything in on the Chinese mower has been metric so far.
Good possibility, my Betstco uses a 14mm DIN to 1/2npt adaptor for the quick connect, I need 3/8 npt and has taken a bit to identify and find the correct adaptor without haveing to stack 2 or 3 to make it work.

How do you like the Titan? I was looking at them also before buying the Betstco, haven't had a chance to use it yet but seems decent build quality.

/ Hydraulic hose help!
Good possibility, my Betstco uses a 14mm DIN to 1/2npt adaptor for the quick connect, I need 3/8 npt and has taken a bit to identify and find the correct adaptor without haveing to stack 2 or 3 to make it work.

How do you like the Titan? I was looking at them also before buying the Betstco, haven't had a chance to use it yet but seems decent build quality.
Its been good so far, I'm learning with the flail, made a few user errors, but in general it has made a big impact on some of my mowing vs a rotary cutter.

/ Hydraulic hose help! #16  
Its been good so far, I'm learning with the flail, made a few user errors, but in general it has made a big impact on some of my mowing vs a rotary cutter.
What kind of mowing do you do? Mine is mostly for going to be used form maintaining underbrush and grass is semi cleared woods, hopefully it'll hold up, what size mower are you running?

/ Hydraulic hose help!
What kind of mowing do you do? Mine is mostly for going to be used form maintaining underbrush and grass is semi cleared woods, hopefully it'll hold up, what size mower are you running?
I've got a thread started on my flail experience here.

/ Hydraulic hose help! #18  
Quite often you can replace the banjo bolt with an ORB (o-ring boss) fitting, then you can just use a regular hose.

This is what we tell dealers to do at work. The darned Fords all used Banjo bolts for the hydraulics. Parker, Eaton, Gates, nor any of the other large hydraulic manufactures offer banjo bolts any more. Eaton use to offer one in the U series fittings, but they killed it off when they killed U series off. Just take the bolt into the hydraulics shop and have them match it to a ORB.

/ Hydraulic hose help! #19  
Your Pioneer fitting should be 1/2" NPT. That part is easy. If you want to confirm, take off the fitting and look at the threads - they should be tapered. If so, take a plumbing object like a 1/2" metal plumbing elbow or connector and see how well it threads on.

/ Hydraulic hose help! #20  
Your Pioneer fitting should be 1/2" NPT. That part is easy. If you want to confirm, take off the fitting and look at the threads - they should be tapered. If so, take a plumbing object like a 1/2" metal plumbing elbow or connector and see how well it threads on.
If it was NPT, you could also see the tapered threads even without taking the pionner fitting out. That's a 1/2" BSPP thread.