Hydraulic fluid fill location

/ Hydraulic fluid fill location #11  
Just to add, my DF (Dong Feng) has a common sump for gear and hydraulics. I've used TDH since new (2008). Works perfect. Hydraulics a little slow until warmed up in winter at -20C. But not bad all.

/ Hydraulic fluid fill location
After closer inspection, i think that the transmission and 3 point do share the same oil. The sump is connected directly to the side of the transmission. I alolso checked under the seat and therr is no obvious fill location. First image is under the seat. Second image is the sump from below. Third image is under the front mart of the seat. Last image is what i am assuming is a filter that the large line that goes to the sump is connected to.
20230709_144218.jpg

Attachments

• 20230709_144403.jpg
    20230709_144403.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
  • 20230709_144115.jpg
    20230709_144115.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 20230709_144149.jpg
    20230709_144149.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230709_144330.jpg
    20230709_144330.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
   / Hydraulic fluid fill location #13  
What I previously thought was a suction filter/strainer is likely the fill point (pic #3), since it's bolted directly to the case. Pic #4 would be the suction filter. Good pictures are worth a thousand words.

/ Hydraulic fluid fill location #14  
Well that sheds some new light on this one.
The round casting that the seat is bolted to is most likely the 3 point cylinder casting. (on my Jinma, that is inside the hydraulic tank so it looks considerably different)
With the seat flipped forward, it appears that there is a breather tube between the springs. What breaths through this tube is still unclear.
The sump that is bolted to the side of the transmission is what we first thought was a filter housing, but you have a spin on filter hanging under the starter so the first part must really be a sump.

Have you unscrewed the cap to see what is inside? When looking inside you should be able to tell if it is a stand alone container or if it has a hole to let fluid into the transmission.

Does this tractor have power steering?

There is a brass fitting with splines on it just under the front edge of the seat. Undoubtedly there was once a plastic knob molded onto this fitting. That is the knob that controls how fast the 3 point lowers. If you turn that knob which is actually a needle valve all the way down, it will prevent the 3point from lowering at all. Assuming no leaks internally.

The transmission and hydraulics may indeed share the same fluid, but I am not yet convinced of that.

The picture from underneath suggests that the sump is much smaller than I originally thought so it may just be a fill point.

Please pull the cap off of the sump and show us a picture of what is inside. If full of fluid you could take a piece of wire and bend about an inch at 90 degrees. Then used that to feel around inside to see if you can find an opening into the transmission.

Keep digging, you will figure it out.

It does have power steering. Is also a 4wd

/ Hydraulic fluid fill location #16  
I zoomed in on that second pic with the U-turn vent, and I think I see a shadow of a plug right next to it. Maybe a pic from the other side will confirm.

vent.jpg

It does have power steering. Is also a 4wd
Oh and that hook under the seat is a solid hook. No
I zoomed in on that second pic with the U-turn vent, and I think I see a shadow of a plug right next to it. Maybe a pic from the other side will confirm.

View attachment 810298
It is indeed a vent pipe. Not sure for what. I took it out (it's threaded in). When i took it out, it looked like it was just a plate below it

/ Hydraulic fluid fill location #18  
The vent is usually placed over a baffle to keep oil from sloshing out the vent. crude but effective.

It looks like that tractor used to be blue. It might be worth it to try removing the paint from the canister/sump to see if there are any decals or other marks on it to indicate fill level. They might be on the inside too.