Husky 353 damaged....

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #11  
Thanks John,I've checked those out, and my part number is different, I'm not sure it entirely matters, but I don't have a primer. I'll see what the shipping is, that's usually the killer for us up here above the 49th.
I thought I saw some on there without a primer, but I just took a quick skim.

/ Husky 353 damaged....
Yes you did, thanks, the shipping makes it almost the same price as a new unit, so I'll get a new tank/handle. The new oem comes mostly complete too. I did get some small bits and pieces used from chainsawr, so thanks for mentioning them!

/ Husky 353 damaged....
After looking for a decent used tank/handle unit, it was easier and hardly more $ to order a new OEM unit from my trusted local shop. Shipping charges and US/CDN exchange to our little remote area in canada make things like that pretry pricy. She found me a used top cover too, which was $70 new, so that was a win! Hopefully will have the saw back running in a month....

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #15  
I rebuilt a burned up 350 a few years ago. Replaced with a new Meteor piston and jug. Bought an extra 350 junk saw for extra parts. Those saws are hard to beat and very easy to work on. I did notice that sawzilla.com has alot of parts for the husky 300 series for cheap. Bought a tach from them for tuning rpms. Good luck with your project.

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #16  
Interesting. Couple weeks ago, I crushed my Stihl Professional top handle Arborist saw under a rear tractor tire (my stupidity) and that was the end of a 700 buck unit. Went to the landfill. Total junk. Purchased an Echo top handle arborist saw as a replacement, under 300 bucks (Amazon) and so far it's a gem and I'll be sure not to smash it either. The Echo will need a little Dremel work on the muff but that's it. 700 hurts, 300 don't, so much.

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #17  
I'm very, very leery about imported chainsaw components, especially Chinese ones.. I much prefer OEM components. The imported stuff can always be questionable.