Husky 353 damaged....

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #1  

Thunder chicken

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota m7060
Well, my beloved 353 got hit by a tree that jumped the stump on me. (Big ole balsam as our Xmas tree of all things) It got smacked pretty good, I feel like I ran the family dog over. It was such a great saw.
There appears to be lots of Chinese parts available, I'm just leary of the quality, and to me this saw is worth rhe extra dough to me, looking at the replacement cost for something like a 550xp.....
Locally, used parts are scarse. Ebay seems to be a source of some used parts. I need a tank/handle with trigger parts, and a top cover, along with some smaller bits I can get locally (clips, oil cap, switches)
The mag case has a few chips out of it, but I'm not too worried about those, the next step is to do a compression check, and maybe fire it up as it is to make sure it'll still run ok before spending a bit of cash on it.
It was such a great saw!!!

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #2  
chainsawr.com Has used parts for a lot of different saws at reasonable prices.

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #3  
Well, my beloved 353 got hit by a tree that jumped the stump on me. (Big ole balsam as our Xmas tree of all things) It got smacked pretty good, I feel like I ran the family dog over. It was such a great saw.
There appears to be lots of Chinese parts available, I'm just leary of the quality, and to me this saw is worth rhe extra dough to me, looking at the replacement cost for something like a 550xp.....
Locally, used parts are scarse. Ebay seems to be a source of some used parts. I need a tank/handle with trigger parts, and a top cover, along with some smaller bits I can get locally (clips, oil cap, switches)
The mag case has a few chips out of it, but I'm not too worried about those, the next step is to do a compression check, and maybe fire it up as it is to make sure it'll still run ok before spending a bit of cash on it.
It was such a great saw!!!
Save it especially being the metal lower end pro version.

I feel that way about my clamshell 350's both modded one closed port and one open port.

Husky really got the weight, balance, and HP right on the 346-353 saws. but that is jmo. Great Firewood saws.
Another Good source for parts

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #4  
Save it. That is a good saw. HL supply is a great place for parts.

/ Husky 353 damaged....
Thanks for the links. I love this saw, while I don't have a lot of experience with many others, what few in this size I've used have never rubbed me the right way. Once I have some time and the holiday rush is over I'll have some time to put into the fix up!

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #6  
Thanks for the links. I love this saw, while I don't have a lot of experience with many others, what few in this size I've used have never rubbed me the right way. Once I have some time and the holiday rush is over I'll have some time to put into the fix up!
I know what you mean. I have the Jonsered 2152, which is the twin sister to the Husqvarna 353. Nice saws with pro-type construction (without the pro-type price) that just keep on running.

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #7  
I burned the jug and piston up in a Stihl saw and rebuilt it with parts off of Amazon for about $100. They have all sorts of parts for saws, good prices. Quality of them? Tough to say. Mine has been good since the rebuild. The poster Ericm979 helped me with recommendations for parts on my Stihl, I don’t know if he knows much about your saw though. I went with what I think were Hyway parts but I think they just make engine parts.

/ Husky 353 damaged....
Well I cleaned the saw all up, checked the Mg case out for damage around the cylinder base and itnallmlooked good, so I reassembled it best as ot could be and fired it up, it purred like a kitten. Compression test showed 150psi.
The OEM tank/rear handle assy. is about $200 compared to 80 for a new Chinese one.... think I'll stick to OEM for that part as its the backbone of the saw. The clips and lids can all be cheap stuff so it shouldn't end up being too bad of a hit, but it still makes this years Xmas tree the most expensive!

/ Husky 353 damaged.... #9  
The OEM tank/rear handle assy. is about $200 compared to 80 for a new Chinese one.... think I'll stick to OEM for that part as its the backbone of the saw.
Used OEM tank/rear handle assembly from Chainsawr.com is about $40.

/ Husky 353 damaged....
Thanks John,I've checked those out, and my part number is different, I'm not sure it entirely matters, but I don't have a primer. I'll see what the shipping is, that's usually the killer for us up here above the 49th.